CLRA Training Program
CRLA Tutor Certification Requirements: Level I, Regular
- Complete a minimum of 10 hours training. Training consists of an initial mandatory
orientation and six additional training meetings or units. Tutors will be paid one
hour each for attending training meetings.
- Complete a minimum of 10 journal entries.
- Spend at least 25 hours tutoring students.
CRLA Tutor Certification Requirements: Level II, Advanced
- Complete a minimum of 10 additional hours of tutor training. Training consists of
8 training meetings plus the peer evaluation. Tutors will be paid one hour each for
attending training meetings.
- Complete the peer evaluation by arranging with the Academic Tutoring Coordinator to
schedule a senior tutor to do the observation/evaluation. The evaluating tutor will
then meet with the tutor who was evaluated and review his/her observations and areas
where the tutor can improve. With the assistance of the evaluating tutor, set three
or four goals which will help you improve your skills as a tutor. Keep a journal for
three weeks in whichyou record theyour efforts to improve your tutoring skills in
the areas indicated by the evaluation and your progress toward achieving your goals.
- Complete an additional 25 hours of tutoring above Level I.
CRLA Tutor Certification Requirements: Level III, Master
- Complete an additional 10 hours of tutor training. Training for Master Tutor certification
consists o f5 training meetings, 4 self-guided training modules, and completion of
a special project.
- The special project for Level III certification should require a minimum of 10 hours
to complete and it should be something that will benefit Academic Tutoring. Approval
of the project must be obtained from the Academic Tutoring Coordinator.
- Assist in the mentoring, training and supervision of tutors.
- Complete an additional 25 hours of tutoring above Level I and II.