Objective: Tutors will know how to plan and conduct an effective tutoring session using appropriate tutoring strategies and techniques. They will also know how to encourage independence on the part of their tutees.
1. Answer the following questions:
2. Watch video #3 The Tutorial Plan in the Tutors Guide series
3. After watching the video, complete the Unit 5 Worksheet
4. Read the information about the 10 Tutoring Steps
6. Complete the Tutor Evaluation and Self Assessment
8. Incorporate the 10 Tutoring Stepsinto your tutoring style. In your weekly journal, describe your efforts to use this approach with your tutees and an assessment of how well it did or did not work. Are some of the 10 steps more applicable than others? Are there some steps that might not be necessary?
9. Submit this unit.