Objective: To reinforce Level I training and how and when to incorporate those concepts into specific tutoring situations.
1. View at least two of the following videos found in The Tutors Guide series:
2. Write at least two paragraphs describing the ingredients in a good tutoring session.
3. Define the responsibilities and parameters of a tutors role and show how each role and policy functions to support the goals and objectives of the tutoring program.
4. How much planning do you do prior to a tutoring session? Do you think planning helps you conduct better tutorials? Why or why not?
5. List some of the tutoring strategies you use in your tutorials and describe the context in which you use them. Include in your list strategies that have been successful and strategies that have failed. Why were some strategies more successful than others?
6. Write at least two paragraphs on what you have learned about dealing with students of diversity through your tutoring experiences. Has the tutoring experience changed the way you view students of diversity?
7. Write at least a page describing what you have learned through tutoring and tutor training. Discuss the following in addition to anything else you wish to write: