Objective: To help tutors understand the importance of collaborative learning and how to incorporate collaborative learning techniques into their tutorials.
1. Answer the following questions
a. In what ways do you think collaborative learning is different from one-on-one tutoring?
b. What problems might group tutorials pose? What advantages might they offer?
2. Watch video #7, Managing Group Tutorials, from The Tutor'\s Guide.
3. Now that you'\ve watched the video, what additional information can you add to your answers to questions 1a and 1b?
4. Read the article Collaborative Learning.
5. How can you promote collaborative learning among the students you tutor?
6. Using one of your answers to question 5, actively encourage collaborative learning with your students. Write a one-page paper about your efforts and your results; submit it to the Tutor Coordinator.
7. Submit this completed unit.