New StudentsIf you are thinking about coming to school at UVU, this information is for YOU!
Getting Started at UVU Apply to UVU by completing the online application at www.uvu.edu/admissions/ and paying the application fee (online or through the Cashier's). The admissions deadline for Fall is August 15 and for Spring is December 20. A late fee will be charged if applications are received after these deadlines.
Access Your UVU Student E-mail Account . Login to uvlink.uvu.edu. This e-mail account is where ALL OFFICIAL UVU communications will be sent. Be sure to check often for news, notices, etc.
Complete Webstart Pre-Advisement
- Login to uvlink.uvu.edu (note there is no "www" in the address). If you have not yet obtained your UV ID, click on the link titled "How do I find my UV ID?". The first time you login to UV Link your Password will be your birthday (mmddyy).
- Next click "Student" tab. When in the student menu, click "Webstart" and begin the pre-advisement session (be sure to submit either your UVU or personal e-mail account when it is requested).
- Upon completing Webstart, print out your completion certificate and bring it to your meeting with your advisor.
- For questions regarding Webstart completion, call 801-863-8425.
Submit ACT or SAT Scores Prior to Registering for Classes . This is required for all students under the age of 21 by the admissions deadline (Fall is August 15, and Spring is December 20). Students with 15 or more college credits do not have to take the ACT. All students can still attend UVU regardless of ACT scores. You will be required to take the New Student Assessment if:
- ACT scores in English, Reading, and/or Math are less than 19 or SAT scores are less than 500 in Verbal and/or Math. English scores must be less than 3 years old and Math scores must be less than 2 years old.
- College credit equivalent to UVU's ENGL 1010 and/or MAT 1010 is not posted to your UVU transcript.
If you have not taken the ACT, UVU Testing Services offers the ACT Residual. You must register 24 hours in advance. The cost of the test is $35 and will take approximately 3 1/2 hours to complete. The scores from this test will be valid only at UVU.
If needed, the UVU New Student Assessment is available to new students at no charge at Testing Services in WS 101. The hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday and Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. The complete assessment takes approximately two hours. The last test is handed out two hours prior to closing.
Please call UVU Testing Services at 801-863-8269 for more information.
Meet With Your Academic Advisor . After completing the above steps, you will meet with an advisor to get personalized help and be cleared for registration. If you need help locating your advisor, contact Career and Academic Counseling in WB-147 (801-863-8425).
Register for Classes using UVLink at uvlink.uvu.edu. You may also go to the One Stop Center or Instant Info for help with registering for classes.
Pay Tuition through UVLink or by calling 801-863-8299, or through the UVU Cashier's Office (BA-109). For further tuition payment options go to www.uvu.edu/cashier/.
Obtain a "UV ID Card" at Campus Connection in the Student Center. A UV Card gives you access to many things such as: the UVU Library, BYU Library, labs, bookstore, many free activities, and a 5% discount at UVU Food Services.
Purchase a Parking Permit from Parking Services at 939 South 400 West (East of UVU) 801-863-8188, on-line or at One Stop.
UV Experience! Students beginning Fall Semester must also attend UV Experience! which is held the day before classes begin. For questions about this or other orientation options, call 801-863-6751.
Other information and links you might need as a new student:
- Financial Aid or Scholarship Information www.uvu.edu/financialaid/
- Buying Books www.uvu.edu/bookstore/
- Obtaining a student ID Card www.uvu.edu/campusconnection/
- Purchasing a Parking Permit www.uvu.edu/parking/
- Housing Hotline www.uvsc.edu/housing