As a student you can expect to have THEM sooner or later !
New or Readmitted Students
Academic advisor clearance holds are placed on your Banner Online Student Record preventing you from registering for classes.
You will need to make sure you have:
- applied for admission (or reapplied) for admission
- completed our Webstart pre-advisement program
- submitted either ACT or SAT scores, or Accuplacer Test scores, and
- official high school or college transcripts
This hold can only be cleared by an academic advisor
Your academic advisor will be your major advisor (if you've already chosen a major), otherwise you will be assigned a general advisor from the Career and Academic Counseling Center. Your major advisor will guide you on completing your degree at UVU.
There could be any number of reasons for your registration hold. It is important to understand that you cannot register for classes until a hold(s) is removed from your Banner Online Student Record. Some examples of registration holds are:
- unpaid parking tickets
- unpaid tuition
- unpaid lab fees or library fines
- academic standing violations ( warning, probation or continued probation, suspension from school)
Registration holds (other than academic) are most always removed by contacting the department(s) who have issued the hold, for example, parking services, registration, the library, etc.
Unless you are a University Studies or Pre-professional student, we strongly suggest you see your major department advisor to remove registration holds.