Concurrent Enrollment StudentsIf you're a current SOPHOMORE or JUNIOR in high school, please go to: www.uvu.edu/concurrent for High School Concurrent Enrollment.
For all SENIORS graduating from high school this year, follow the steps below to get started.
Getting Started at UVU
If you did not complete concurrent courses within the last year, re-apply to UVU by completing the online application at www.uvu.edu/admissions. You will not need to pay the application fee, since this is a one time fee and was paid when you enrolled in concurrent enrollment. The admissions deadline for Fall is August 15, and for Spring is December 20. A late fee will be charged if applications are received after these deadlines.
If you have completed concurrent courses within the last year, start at the next step.
Access your UVU Student E-mail Account. Login to uvlink.uvu.edu. This e-mail account is where ALL OFFICIAL UVU communications will be sent. Be sure to check often for news, notices, etc.
Complete Webstart Pre-Advisement
- Login to uvlink.uvu.edu (note there is no "www" in the address). If you have not yet obtained your UV ID, click on the link titled "How do I find my UV ID?". The first time you login to UV Link your Password will be your birthday (mmddyy).
- Next click "Student" tab. When in the student menu, click "Webstart" and begin the pre-advisement session (be sure to submit either your UVU or personal e-mail account when it is requested).
- Upon completing Webstart, print out your completion certificate and bring it to your meeting with your advisor.
- For questions regarding Webstart completion, call 801-863-8425.
Submit ACT or SAT Scores Prior to Registering for Classes. This is required for all students under the age of 21 by the admissions deadline (Fall is August 15, and Spring is December 20). Students with 15 or more college credits do not have to take the ACT. All students can still attend UVU regardless of ACT scores. You will be required to take the New Student Assessment if:
- ACT scores in English, Reading, and/or Math are less than 17 or SAT scores are less than 450 in Verbal and 500 in Math. English scores must be less than 3 years old and Math scores must be less than 2 years old.
- College credit equivalent to UVU's ENGL 1010 and/or MAT 1010 is not posted to your UVU transcript.
If you have not taken the ACT, UVU Testing Services offers the ACT Residual. You must register 24 hours in advance. The cost of the test is $35 and will take approximately 3 1/2 hours to complete. The scores from this test will be valid only at UVU.
If needed, the UVU New Student Assessment (Accuplacer) is available to new students at no charge at the Wolverine Service Center (map). The hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday and Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. The complete assessment takes approximately two hours. The last test is handed out two hours prior to closing.
Please call UVU Testing Services at 801-863-8269 for more information.
Meet With Your Academic Advisor. After completing the above steps, you will meet with an advisor to get personalized help and be cleared for registration. If you need help locating your advisor, contact Career and Academic Counseling in Losee Center LC-402, (801-863-8425). You can also find your advisor at:
Pay Tuition through UVLink or by calling 801-863-8299, or through the UVU Cashier's Office (BA-109). For further tuition payment options go to www.uvu.edu/cashier/.
Obtain a "UV ID Card" at Campus Connection in the Student Center. A UV Card gives you access to many things such as: the UVU Library, BYU Library, labs, bookstore, many free activities, and a 5% discount at UVU Food Services.
Purchase a Parking Permit from Parking Services at 939 South 400 West (East of UVU) 801-863-8188, on line, or at One Stop.
Week of Welcome! Students beginning fall semester are strongly encouraged to attend this week long event prior to the first week of fall semester. For questions about this and Jump Start Orientation, check out
- Financial Aid or Scholarship Information www.uvu.edu/financialaid/
- Buying Books www.uvu.edu/bookstore/
- Obtaining a student ID Card www.uvu.edu/campusconnection/
- Purchasing a Parking Permit www.uvu.edu/parking/
- Housing Hotline www.uvsc.edu/housing/