Why should I see an advisor/counselor?Advisors and counselors are an important part of your educational experience, and they can assist you from the beginning to the end of your educational process.
Academic advisors and counselors may assist you in the following ways:
- assessing and matching your personal strengths and interests with career and educational options
- selecting a major or career pathway
- understanding class sequences and requirements
- avoiding or overcoming academic problems
- identifying additional activities and experiences that will expand your educational progress
New and prospective students are encouraged to meet with a counselor or advisor as one of the first steps in the process of beginning their educational experiences. All students should continue to work closely with their advisor(s) to receive help and guidance regarding a vast array of needs from admissions to graduation.
Return to Advising home page >