Curriculum Limited Option
Utilizing a Curriculum Limited Option (CLO) will allow a course to be offered twice without formal Curriculum Committee approval. If you wish a course to be considered by the College Curriculum Committee, you must submit a curriculum proposal in COMET.
Purpose and Guidelines
The purpose of the Curriculum Limited Option (CLO) is to try/offer NEW courses without formal Curriculum Committee approval.
Curriculum Limited Options apply to NEW COURSES ONLY with the following exclusions:
- CANNOT be used for courses intended to be GE (General Education) or G/I (Global/Intercultural).
- CANNOT be used to make course MODIFICATIONS and DELETIONS.
- CANNOT be used to develop a REQUIRED COURSE in a program.
- CANNOT be used to develop courses that are CROSS-LISTED with existing courses.
- CANNOT be used to develop courses that have COURSE FEES attached.
NOTE: CLO courses can be offered a MAXIMUM OF 2 TIMES (3 if submitted for formal approval already and if an extension is requested by the department and then approved by the AVPAA).
Steps for completing the CLO
- Download and complete the CLO form (updated December 2012). Note: Microsoft Excel is required to open and modify this form. Contact the Help Desk for assistance.
- Change the name of the worksheet tab to the Prefix and Number for this proposal (i.e. ENGL 4270). The printed copy utilizes the tab name in the footer.
- Print the completed form.
- Obtain the required signatures listed on the form.
- Submit completed form to the Curriculum Manager for processing.
Upon approval, your course will be added to the Banner catalog. A separate class scheduling sheet will need to be submitted to Academic Scheduling before the course can be added to the schedule.