Getting Started


We're glad that you're considering UVU as the place where you'll pursue your educational goals. Whether it's your first time in college or you're transferring here, we want to help you understand how to use the services that are available in the Accessibility Services Department.

One of the first questions people have is "What's the process to obtain services?"

In order to determine eligibility for, and to receive, accommodative services you must do the following:

Schedule an Appointment

cell phone

Schedule an Intake Appointment to meet with a counselor in the Accessibility Services Department.These appointments typically take about an hour. If you are going to bring your parents with you, it may take a little longer.

To schedule an appointment, please call 801.863.8747

Complete an Intake Packet


Complete an Intake Packet PDF. Either print intake packet PDF, or get a copy from the ASD front desk. Bring it with you to your appointment.
If you don't get a copy before your appointment, please arrive 15-20 minutes early so you have time to fill it out before your appointment

Obtain and Bring Documentation

Obtain and bring a copy of your documentation (See Documentation Guidelines). If you are requesting documentation from a licensed professional (Physician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, etc.) for the first time, please make them aware of what must be included (as indicated in the Guidelines). The documentation and/or diagnostic evaluation must be current to receive permanent accommodations. See the Guidelines for information as to what constitutes "current" for your particular difficulties.

It is important to recognize that there will be a processing period for the documentation to be reviewed by a counselor. The counselor will determine if the documentation is sufficient to establish the presence of a disability as defined by and covered under the law. The academic accommodations requested and approved are supported in and by that documentation. It is your responsibility to meet with your counselor and make sure that sufficient documentation is provided.

Quick Links

Contact ASD

contact us

Losee Center: LC312
Phone: 801.863.8747

Fax: 801.863.8377
TTY or VIP: 801.221.0908

Utah Valley University
Accessibility Services
800 West, University Parkway, MS 190
Orem, UT 84058-5999

Hours: M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

ASD Office

Assistive Technology Lab - LI-111b
You can schedule appointments or reserve resources by contacting:

Jenna Atkinson, Assistive Technology Lab Coordinator
Phone: (801) 863-8868

Grievance Procedure