Monthly Cardholder Statement
- A statement is on file for each month that charges were made.
- Statements have been reconciled and signed by the cardholder.
- Statements have been reviewed and signed by the supervisor.
- A detailed receipt is on file for all purchases. A charge card authorization slip is not adequate because it does not identify what was purchased.
- For food or meal items, (when properly authorized and allowed) the legitimate institution purpose and list of attendees is noted on the receipt or Hosting Documentation Form.
- Purchases appear to be for a legitimate institution purpose.
- Purchases do not appear on the prohibited purchase list. See the P-card user’s guide for a copy of this list.
- The purchase was not a split transaction. (The transaction was not divided into multiple transactions to get around the cardholder’s transaction limit.)
- Sales tax was not included in the charge.
- Disputed or problem items have been resolved.
- The department has an adequate method of tracking and resolving any charges made but not shown on the monthly statement.
- The department has adequate procedures in place to track equipment type items purchased on a P-Card.
Link to Purchasing Card Guidelines