For a current listing of internships, log on to http://www.uvu.edu/internships/
Internship Policy, Procedures, and Agreement
Students working as employees of a business, agency, or institution performing duties
that directly relate to the student's area of study may receive elective credit towards
their major. Internship credit is granted through completion of up to six credit hours
of ART 281R and/or up to six credit hours of ART 481R or a combination of credit from
each (6 credits maximum in each area). All internship credit must be pre-approved
through the appropriate Area Coordinator (signature required) and verified with the
AVC Internship Coordinator before registration. Students must follow the steps below
and complete the application to register for AVC Internship credit.
AVC Internship Requirements
- 75 work hours = 1 credit hour
- Hours must be worked during the semester in which student is enrolled.
- Specific work objectives must be recorded and met.
- The onsite supervisor must verify the work experience with the AVC internship Coordinator.
- Self-employment is not eligible for internship credit.
- Internship credit will show as credit (CR) or no-credit (NC) only on student transcripts.
ART 281R - AVC Internship
- Lower-division credit (freshman/sophomore status).
- Work experience should include general responsibilities related to student's educational
- Students must complete application as part of the registration process.
ART 481R - AVC Internship
- Upper-division credit (junior/senior status required).
- Lower division coursework needs to be completed for the area in which the student
- Work experience should be specifically industry related.
- Duties should be more intense and integral than general.
- Students must be supervised by someone with professional status in the chosen area
of emphasis with a 4-year degree in the area.
Steps to Register for Internship
- Student reads this form. Student finds internship opportunity on their own, through
a mentor, and/or UVU Internship Services (863.6308).
- Student completes the mandatory UVU Internship online orientation: http://www.uvu.edu/internships/student/orientation.html.
You cannot register until the orientation has been completed.
- Student completes this Application, getting input from the employer on the objectives
and responsibilities for the internship. Both student and employer sign the form.
- Student saves a PDF copy of this application for proof.
- Student reviews their internship opportunity in person with their Area Coordinator,
who establishes upper or lower-division Internship credit and how many credit hours
it qualifies for (see list of Area Coordinators).
- Student then receives approval from Area Coordinator.
- Student emails digitally-signed application to AVC Internship Coordinator
- Final Step: Advisor creates an override and student registers for the course online.
Download a pdf of the internship form