Students seeking managerial aviation careers, or who wish to pursue helicopter or
non-fixed-wing training, are best suited for our Aviation Administration degree. Completion
of the curriculum will produce a well-rounded graduate with a combination of industry
knowledge as well as general business management skills. Graduates will find employment
in a variety of areas within aviation and can be a useful bridge into graduate degree
2013-2014 Course Outline
Program Learning Outcomes
- AV-AM-01 Students will demonstrate knowledge, skills and procedures to manage private and
public aviation organizations and assessed through a comprehensive exam administered
in AVSC 4900 Strategic Aviation Management.
- AV-AM-02 Students will demonstrate knowledge, skills and procedures to manage private and
public aviation organizations and will be assessed using an Aviation Technical Analysis
rubric applied to scenario requiring competency of practical techniques learned in
various aviation management courses.
- AV-AM-03 Students will evaluate market conditions in an aviation management simulation resulting
in the execution of strategic and tactical actions.
- AV-AM-04 Students will produce professional quality reports and effectively present the
information to an audience using appropriate technology.
- AV-AM-05 Students will demonstrate self-directed learning to complete a professional industry
certification, training course or an approved internship program.