Scholarship Information and Requirements:
The Utah Business Aviation Association is offering the following scholarships with the purpose of helping offset the high costs associated with obtaining an aviation degree. The goal of the UBAA is to provide a $1,000 scholarship to a junior or senior enrolled in an aviation program at Westminster, Salt Lake Community College, Utah Valley University or Utah State University.
UBAA Scholarship Applicant Requirements:
- Applicant must complete and submit the UBAA Aviation Scholarship Application
- Applicant must be U.S. citizen
- Applicant must be a college junior or senior currently enrolled in a two or four year aviation flight program with plans to complete a curriculum leading to a degree and career in aviation
- Applicant must have maintained a 3.0 minimum GPA (on a 4.0) system) at the time of application
- Finalists will be selected by May 1st, 2014 and may be required to participate in an interview should the need arise, in order to aide in the selection of a scholarship winner
- The completed application shall be accompanied by the following items:
1. A letter of recommendation from a member of the aviation department faculty at
the institution in which the applicant is currently enrolled
2. A current resume
3. Official transcripts from current and all prior collegiate institutions
4. A one or two page essay describing the applicant’s aviation background, current status, and future aviation goals.
5. Photocopies of all FAA ratings and certificates held.
Application package must be postmarked or emailed by April 15th, 2014, to be considered for the scholarship. Applications can be submitted online athttps://docs.google.com/forms/d/1H80t8Z2_Fn3S4TbpmLbhiEHCdhHmjjV0pEOTAqbs1TI/viewform or printed at http://www.ubaa.biz/UBAA_SCHOLARSHIP_2013_13_Mar_13.pdf, and accompanying documents can be emailed to email@example.com, or complete package can be mailed to:
Utah Business Aviation Association
c/o Jeff Hansen
470 N 2400 W, SLC UT 84116
If you have any questions or need additional information contact: Anyone listed under the “Contact Us” tab on the UBAA website: www.UBAA.biz.