The Utah Business Aviation Association (UBAA) offers a scholarship to help offset the costs associated with obtaining an aviation degree. This scholarship is open to a junior or senior enrolled in an aviation program here in Utah.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2015
UBAA Scholarship Applicant Requirements:
- Applicant must complete and submit the UBAA Aviation Scholarship Application
- Applicant must be U.S. citizen
- Applicant must be a college junior or senior currently enrolled in a two or four year aviation flight program with plans to complete a curriculum leading to a degree and career in aviation
- Applicant must have maintained a 3.0 minimum GPA (on a 4.0) system) at the time of application
- Finalists will be selected by May 1st, 2015 and may be required to participate in an interview should the need arise, in order to aide in the selection of a scholarship winner
- The completed application shall be accompanied by the following items:
1. A letter of recommendation from a member of the aviation department faculty at
the institution in which the applicant is currently enrolled
2. A current resume
3. Official transcripts from current and all prior collegiate institutions
4. A one or two page essay describing the applicant’s aviation background, current status, and future aviation goals.
5. Photocopies of all FAA ratings and certificates held.
Application package must be postmarked or emailed by April 15th, 2015, to be considered for the scholarship. Applications can be submitted online, and accompanying documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete package can be mailed to:
Utah Business Aviation Association
c/o Jeff Hansen
470 N 2400 W, SLC UT 84116
For complete details, visit ubaa11.wildapricot.org/Scholarship.