MSU TO UVU STUDENT TRANSFER GUIDE
Can I receive financial aid?
As a student of UVU, you will be eligible to apply for federal and private financial aid. We've assembled a list to help you make the transition from MSU to UVU.
- After you've applied for admission at UVU and had your transcripts sent to us, the first step in the financial aid process is to submit the FAFSA application. This federal aid application is found at www.fafsa.gov. If you've already filled out the FAFSA application for a different school, you will need to login and add UVU as a school on the application. Our school code is 004027. You must be an admitted student to UVU before we are able to review and process your financial aid application.
- Additional requirements will be listed once UVU has received the FAFSA; therefore, it is important that you check your UVLink account.
- Once you are an admitted student, your financial aid file can be viewed through your UVLink account. UVLink will list the additional requirements and steps needed to take in order to be awarded and disbursed financial aid funds. All students will need to complete the Aviation Information Form, Data Form & Loan Counseling, and Verify Your Plans to Attend (VYPA). These forms are completed online through UVLink.
- You may be selected by the FAFSA processors to complete verification. If selected, your verification requirements will be listed in your UVLink account. You must complete these requirements before your aid can be awarded or disbursed.
- Verification may require that you submit a copy of your (and your spouse's, if married; or your parents', if you are dependent) 2011 Tax Return Transcripts from the IRS. Tax transcripts are free, but must be requested online through www.IRS.gov. You can also contact the IRS by phone. It can take at least two weeks for the IRS to send you your tax transcripts.
- All students need to pay tuition by August 15th or classes will be dropped for non-payment. However, if your financial aid file is complete, meaning all requirements satisfied and you have accepted an award, your classes will be held through the August 15th deadline. If your classes are dropped for non-payment, they cannot be reinstated. You will need to pay a $50 reactivation fee and re-register for classes. If you have not completed your financial aid requirements needed for disbursement by the first day of class, you will be charged a late fee which cannot be refunded.
- All students who would like to receive a student loan are required to be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours. You must contact financial aid before withdrawing from a class or before completely withdrawing from all classes, so that you understand the financial obligations you will incur from withdrawing. If financial aid has been paid and you withdraw, you will have to document your attendance in the classes you withdraw from and you will be required to pay back a portion or all of your financial aid.
- You must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress each semester that you receive financial aid. SAP requires that you: maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0, complete at least 75% of your classes, and not exceed 150% of attempted credits of your published program length.