- The program will begin during fall semester 2012 and conclude in February 2013
- Application and expression of interest submitted by January 15, 2013
- Final application due January 31, 2013
- Presentation and Judging of the nine sections to be completed by February 15, 2013
- Crowd voting by UVU community for the grand-prize winner completed by February 15, 2013
- Awards ceremony on February 28, 2013
Prior to the competition, the Technology Commercialization Office will hold an information seminar about intellectual property protection. This is vital information for anyone thinking about commercializing an idea.
Topics will include patent applications and the use of provisional patents to protect an idea while it is being developed. Trademarks and copyrights will also be discussed.
* Applications are managed by a third-party system.