The Homestead Resort - Sous Chef Needed
- We are looking for an all-star sous chef to join us at the Homestead ASAP. A large part of the position will include smoking and charcuterie, as well as banquets and restaurant coverage.
- The right chef will be able to delegate, multitask, have great team spirit and attitude, and love learning and developing skill in the field.
- Culinary experience of at least 2 years as a restaurant or banquet sous chef is a must. Fine dining experience is a plus.
- Dependent on experience
- For more information and send your email to Roee.Levy@zermattresort.com
Westgate Park City Resort & Spa - Several FT/PT & Seasonal Positions Open!
3000 Canyons Resort Drive, Park City, Utah 84098
***HIRING*** Several FT / PT Permanent and Seasonal Positions Open
TO APPLY: Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BENEFITS FOR FT EMPLOYEES: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan (EPA), 401K Plan, Sick / Personal Time, Vacation Time, Attraction discounts, Westgate Lodging Discounts, Advancement Opportunities, etc.
WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS REQUIRED ~ DRUG, SMOKE & TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE
Bake 360 - European Bakery & Cafe has Positions Open!
POSITIONS: Needs Servers and Pastry Cooks
LOCATION: 700 E. 12300 South, Draper, UT
CAFÉ HOURS: M-F from 7-7, Coffee Window opens at 6 am, & Saturday from 8-5, Closed Sunday
TO APPLY: Contact Chef Roy Olsen, 801.571.1500
Cirque Lodge - Looking to Hire 2-3 Dinner Cooks
JOB DESCRIPTION: Cirque Lodge, one of the nation's most recognized alcohol and drug treatment centers is looking for full time/part time cook. Cooks prepare gourmet meals each day for inpatient clients, staff and guests.
HOURS: We are looking for energetic and positive people to produce quality food in a timely manner. Kitchen Hours are 6:00 am-8:00 pm. We are open 365 days a year, be prepared to work weekends and holidays. Shifts are Breakfast/Lunch 6:00 am-2:30 pm, Dinner 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
BENEFITS: Cirque Lodge offers competitive pay and employee benefits, including monthly bonuses health and 401k benefits for full-time employees. Part-time work has a potential to lead to a full-time position at the Cirque Lodge.
SALARY: Pay ranges $10.00-$12.00 per hour, depending on experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must have experience with food preparation and presentation. Be a Current Culinary Student, have Culinary Degree or 2 years of kitchen experience.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude daily
- Able to take direction and work efficiently
- As well as preparing meals, cooks are required to maintain and clean preparation and dining area
- Be able to pass a 9 panel drug test as well as random drug testing
- Serve Safe Certified or Food Handlers Permit
TO APPLY: Interested applicants can contact Brittney, by phone. Please email your résumés to Brittney at the posted email: Brittney@cirquelodge.com
Westgate Park City Resort & Spa - Several Positions Open
3000 Canyons Resort Drive, Park City, Utah 84098.
***HIRING*** ( FT / PT and Seasonal ).
Send resume to: email@example.com
- Banquet Server
- Reservations Agent
- Restaurant Cook
- Busperson / Dishwasher
- Restaurant Server
- Market Attendant
Full time positions offer the following benefits:
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan (EPA), 401K Plan, Sick / Personal Time, Vacation Time, Attraction discounts, WestGate Lodging Discounts, Advancement Opportunities, etc.
- WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS REQUIRED
- DRUG, SMOKE AND TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE
- NOVEMBER 2014
St. Regis, Deer Valley J&G Grill – Hiring Cooks!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Executive Chef, Chip McMullin, is hiring line, prep, and pastry cooks.
HOURS: Seeking full-time, as well as seasonal employees.
SALARY: Depends on experience
BENEFIT: Hotel will pay for local Epic ski / snowboard pass for full-time employees
TO APPLY: Contact Chef Chip McMullin at 435 940 5751!
Cravings - Alisha's Cupcakes - Hiring Bakers!
JOB: Alisha Nuttal, owner of Cravings - Alisha's Cupcakes, is hiring bakers and will do an internship, too. We have had many UVU CAI students work for us and absolutely loved every one of them!
STUDENTS: Please get the word out to your future bakers that we are hiring! We would even love to do an internship with one of them, too!
TO APPLY: Call Alisha at 602 463 0203 or send email to Alisha Nuttall - Owner at www.cravingstwincompanies.com. Follow us on Facebook - Cravings Alisha's Cupcakes and we Instagram too. Cravings Cupcakes.
Mountain Canyons Dining at the Canyons's Resort - Several Positions Open
The Executive Chef of Mountain Dining at the Canyons Resort in park City, Utah is Alex Malmborg. He is currently hiring for the winter season, and is looking to hire cooks of all levels, servers, and bussers. The qualifications for the culinary positions are as follows.
- Entry Cook: 1 year relevant cooking experience, good knife skills, ability to multitask, strong customer service skills, good attitude, willingness to learn. These positions start at $11/hr.
- Intermediate Cooks: All of above plus 2-3 years cooking experience, comfortable with cooking meats to temp, experience on numerous stations- grill, sauté, pantry. These positions start at $12-$13/hr.
- Advanced Cooks: All of above plus 4-5 years cooking experience, proficiency working all stations on line, recipe testing and development experience, and strong organizational skills. These positions start at $13-$15/hr.
- These positions will all start at end of November, however, I am very willing to accommodate for different schedules. All positions include a Vail Resorts Epic Pass.
- Please either contact Alex Malmborg directly or apply online at job.vailresorts.com and apply for the on Mountain cook positions
- Contact: Alex Malmborg, Canyons Resort Mountain Dining Executive Chef at firstname.lastname@example.org or (435) 640-7607
Meier's Prime Catering - Needs One Full-Time Baker or Two Part-Time Bakers
JOB DESCRIPTION: Marsh Meier is looking for 1 full time Baker or two part time Bakers. We need someone that has a great work ethic, who is willing to take direction and capable of production. This is a family store operation with a strong local following of customers, and several long term employees.
SALARY: The pay to start depending on experience is $10-14 per hour.
HOURS: 5 am-1 pm; part time would be 4-9 pm.
QUALIFICATIONS: Need a good recommendation!
TO APPLY: Contact Marsh Meier at email@example.com or call 801-231-7443
Corporate Pastry Chef Needed - Great Opportunity!
LOCATION: Corporate Campus, Orem, UT
JOB OVERVIEW: Make a difference! Join the growing Kneaders family. Kneaders has 30 locations throughout the west and we will continue to grow - carefully. We are unique and part of the "fast-casual" explosion that is occurring in the U.S. However, we have been able to maintain the presence and hospitality of a local, friendly, neighborhood bakery. Kneaders is looking to add a new member to our corporate team in the position of a Corporate Pastry Chef in Orem, UT. This is truly a career move, not just a job. If you have a passion for the creation of high quality foods and for the development of people and culinary excellence, you've come to the right place. Qualified candidates will begin working as soon as possible as we gear up for what is sure to be a record holiday season. Become a leader and grow with us as a part of this unique, quality-minded, smart group.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The qualified individual will have direct responsibility over culinary operations in the pastry kitchen. Daily and weekly tasks will include ordering, scheduling, employee management and oversight of production and quality. In this position you will guide the organization in overall compliance to our standards, detailed instructions and corporate guidelines. You must demonstrate a proven ability to meet the exacting demands of recipes with an ever-present focus on excellence. This is a high volume production environment and you must have a high sense of urgency. Must be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, even stressful environment. You must have an excellent attention to detail. Demonstrated, professional kitchen acumen is a must. Other duties include:
- • Ongoing maintenance, care and inventory of all kitchen equipment. All equipment must be clean and in safe operating condition.
- • Responsible for dry and walk-in areas.
- • Economical use of product, raw materials and staffing.
- • Providing input for seasonal and ongoing restaurant specials.
- • Complying with all policies, procedures and regulations under food and beverage laws
- • Familiarity with safety and fire prevention procedures.
- • Maintaining education in the areas of culinary techniques, new products, marketing
- and restaurant management.
- • Oversees the daily preparation and participates in food production.
- • Training and development of new and existing employees.
- • Attendance to management, budgeting and training meetings
QUALIFICATIONS: Professional cake decorating experience is required. Must have 4 or more year’s professional bakery experience. Culinary school is a high preference. Must be quick with hands, able to multi-task, must be able to lift 50 lbs. above waist, must pay attention to detail and follow corporate recipes and guidelines. Must be able and willing to maintain a clean working environment. The job may also include bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, walking, etc. Must be available to work between the hours of 4 am and 2 pm, 5 days per week. Must work Fridays, Saturdays, and Holidays. Holidays are peak times. Time off during these periods is not possible. Looking for an individual who will commit for at least one year - with hopes of a long-lasting career. Join us in making a difference for our employees, while bringing smiles to the faces of our customers.
COMPENSATION: Graduation from a culinary school is also highly favored. The pay is commensurate with experience and will surely be over $50K annually.
APPLY AT: t https://kneaders.applicantpro.com/jobs/150081.html
Catering Wedding in December - 4 CA Students Needed
DESCRIPTION: 4 culinary students needed to help with the catering of a small wedding
DATE: Friday, December, 19, 2014
TIME: 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, or so (includes set up and clean up)
WHERE: The Red Brick Canvas, in the center of Thanksgiving Point, Lehi, UT
MENU: Dessert crepe bar and hot chocolate bar (no waiting tables)
SALARY: Pay included
Chef Position Open at Discovery Ranch for Girls
Discovery Ranch for Girls, located in Cedar City, Utah, is looking for a talented chef to provide delicious, nutritious meals for teenage girls in residential treatment. DRG believes in a balanced approach to clinical care, including an emphasis on nutrition and a healthy enthusiasm for good food. DRG is also a relationship-based program—meaning that every member of our treatment team, including kitchen staff, are expected to model and foster caring, positive relationships with the students. In particular, the chef at DRG will have opportunities to teach cooking classes, work on individual projects, and otherwise mentor and manage students around the DRG kitchen in particular and food in general. DRG is also a program with many facets and departments, and the chef must be able to coordinate and work effectively with schedules and with people. The position requires a teamwork-oriented individual who not only has all the requisite skills to prepare meals for 50–80 people, three times a day, every day, but who can work enthusiastically and effectively with teenagers. The following is a more specific breakdown of the position’s requirements:
- An excellent chef/cook and ability to run a clean and safe kitchen. As in all commercial kitchens, you will see regular surprise visits from health inspectors.
- Ability to cook for 50-80 students and staff, three times daily and knowledge of nutrition and ability to work with a nutritionist
- Ability to work safely and effectively with teenage girls and willingness to work with and manage students in the kitchen
- Willingness to teach a cooking class and may incorporate a variety of topics from preparation skills to shopping and meal-planning skills
- Willingness/ability to manage teenage immaturity in general (If you are thin-skinned or averse to an occasionally loud, energetic atmosphere, this is not the job for you). Willingness to work with teenagers with issues in treatment in particular. (Students may have eating issues and/or urges to self-harm, both of which require an added layer of sensitivity and precaution from kitchen staff.)
- Flexibility, schedules will change, and census numbers (the number of girls currently enrolled at the ranch) will change.
- Dietary needs and restrictions will change. (We currently advertise that we will accommodate vegetarian and gluten-free diets, in addition to medical requirements like nut allergies.)
- Awareness of other department schedules and needs (including the frequent need to set aside food for girls and therapists coming late to meals, or to package a number of meals “to go” for groups stuck in meetings.
- Ability to collaborate with a nutritionist. This is an essential requirement for both marketing and clinical reasons. Our goal is to maintain the chef’s ability to fully express his or her creativity and autonomy with the menu, but there will be important feedback and directives from a licensed nutritionist.
- Must understand from the outset that this is a difficult, taxing job, with far more complexity than a straightforward cooking job. Must genuinely enjoy the work itself of preparing food for large groups of people, and helping teenagers in particular. Understands and embraces that we are a treatment center for struggling teenage girls, and genuinely want to be part of that important work as opposed to simply tolerating it or working alongside it
- Enthusiastically promotes the role of nutrition in mental health generally and in times of healing and change in particular. Understands that the girls want to be engaged with the kitchen and with the chef that girls want to spend time there and learn and have a relationship with that person. Embraces that role.
- The lodge and the kitchen and cafeteria at DRG are located in the Lodge, which is literally in the middle of campus. It is the heart and soul of our facility and the place staff and girls return to over-and-over throughout the day. It must be a warm and welcoming environment. It must be a place where people want to go, not just to eat, but to spend time in general.
The kitchen is an important part of the marketing arm of DRG. Our chef must understand and facilitate this in three specific areas:
- The food is consistently high in quality and is consistently healthy.
- The kitchen and lodge are consistently beautiful, warm, and clean.
- The personality of the chef is also an important part of marketing. Must be warm and friendly when marketing tours come through the kitchen. Be willing and able to articulate your own story, your interest in food, and your interest in working with troubled teens. Be able to articulate a specific mindset or approach to food, it’s importance for teenagers, and its role in a treatment setting
Salary: $35,000 – $42,000 DOE
To Apply: Please send resumes to Matt Crosby (mattcrosby@discoveryranchforgirls) before 10/26/14.
The Center for Change - Needs Two Cooks
JOB DESCRIPTION: Center for Change is seeking an experienced full-time and part-time Cook to prepare appetizing and nutritional meals for patients at the Center.
1. Job ID 58885 for a Cook (Full-Time); and
2. Job ID 58886 for a Cook (Part-Time).
SCHEDULE: Schedule: 20 hrs / week. Regular shift: Monday through Friday 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM; also provides coverage for other shifts as needed, including weekends.
PHILOSOPHY: Each patient at the Center receives weekly individual counseling sessions with a Registered Dietitian and attends weekly nutrition classes which focus on a variety of topics such as relearning the ability to sense hunger and fullness, making peace with food, and enjoying the eating experience. Cooks work closely with the dietitians in planning and preparation of meals and snacks.
- Assist with the preparation and finishing of hot and cold foods
- Work with Kitchen Manager regarding special dietary needs and apply any special dietary restrictions to recipes
- Unpack food deliveries; stock and rotate products
- Ensure quality and safety standards for preparing and serving food
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment in accordance with Health Department Standards
- Must be able to read and follow recipes
- Experience handling food and preparing meals for medium to large groups of people (40 - 50)
- 1 year experience cooking in an institutional setting preferred
- Food Handler Permit or ServSafe Certification is required
- Exhibit basic culinary knowledge (including products, terminology, and cooking techniques) and knife skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Age of 18 or older
SALARY: Dependent upon experience
TO APPLY: Go to http://centerforchange.com/employment/ to submit an application
Pantrucas Chilean Restaurant - Part-Time Prep Assistant Needed
JOB DESCRIPTION: Pantrucas Chilean Restaurant is looking for a part-time prep assistant. The person will be directly involved in the preparation of our signature sandwiches and other menu items. Other responsibilities include maintaining a safe and sanitary kitchen, washing items used for food preparation, operating the oven, flat grill, microwaves, and deep fryer.
RESPONSIBILITIES: In order to maintain our reputation, the person must ensure high quality of all items that he/she is required to prepare. New hire will be required to learn and be able to prepare a portion of our menu.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience in food preparation, self-motivated, multi-tasking, remaining calm under times of high stress. Must have Food Handlers permit.
SALARY: Starting pay is $9 an hour and will increase in direct proportion of quality and productivity.
TIME: The working hours will be discussed personally.
TO APPLY: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ricardo at 801-787-5124
Sundance Mountain Resort Job Fair
- Hiring a wide range of seasonal positions for Mountain Operations, Food & Beverage and Lodging
- Great Atmosphere ] World Class Resort ] Free Season Pass
- Apply online to get a head start at www.sundanceresort.com/careers-en.html