Personal Chef Needed!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Senior culinary student with own transportation to work as personal chef at my home in Springville, UT. Looking for an efficient multitasker.
HOURS: One day a week - possibly turning into two days a week. Any day, Monday through Friday during business hours.
SALARY: Starting at $13 an hour, and moving to $15 after a one month trial period. Compensation for gas and time spent shopping as well.
RESPONSIBILITIES: I am a gluten free, oil free, sugar free, mostly salt free VEGAN (no animal products). My husband and college age children eat a more “normal” diet. I will provide cookbooks and recipe ideas. To begin, I would like the following:
- Shop once a week
- Chop veggies/fruit for “on the go” veggie, salad and fruit cups, as well as chopped veggies/fruit for at home use.
- Cook one grain (brown rice, millet, quinoa, etc.) and portion into serving containers.
- Make 2 salad dressings
- Make a Vegan soup or casserole
- Make a “normal” casserole (think Standard American Diet comfort food) for weekend when college age children are home. Something freezable if you choose to work earlier in the week.
- Hard boil eggs
- Bake potatoes or sweet potatoes
- Help with kitchen organization
I have a food processer, Blendtec, rice cooker, crockpot, and other small appliances. I am willing to buy kitchen equipment as needed.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and references to Jennifer at email@example.com
Short-Order Cook Needed
Pinewoods Resort Restaurant. Call on this job for more information!
To apply and for more information contact Janice at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-Time Chef Needed
JOB DESCRIPTION: It’s time to let your creative side flourish! Part-Time (30 hours week) Chef wanted for busy, professional, Provo Family.
QUALIFICATIONS: The optimal applicant is excited about an independent working environment, health conscious gourmet meal preparation 3-5 days a week for appetizer plates, dinners, some lunches and occasional larger gatherings. Using organic ingredients, minimal sugar/wheat/pasta are extremely important.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes shopping, food prep and cooking.
SALARY: Generous wage for the right individual. A full-time position could be available for an individual that likes to clean as well. Some benefits are also available.
TO APPLY: Please email resumes to email@example.com.
Provo Marriott - Line Cook Position Open
Hotel/Office: Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Location: Provo, UT, United States
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Brand: Marriott Hotels & Resorts and JW Marriott Hotels
Position Type: Non-Management/Hourly
JOB DESCRIPTION: With more than 300 managed properties worldwide (including conference centers) our flagship brand, Marriott Hotels & Resorts celebrates the drive, focus, and resilience of our guests while focusing on exceptional service and genuine comfort. As part of the Marriott Hotels & Resorts team, you'll work to make the most of the travel experience of each and every guests. Find Your World™ at Marriott Hotels & Resorts.
SUMMARY: Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods. Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers. Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently. Monitor food quality while preparing food. Set-up and break down work station. Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles. Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
TO APPLY: Apply online at
Executive Chef - UVU Dining Services
JOB DESCRIPTION: UVU Dining Services has an opening for an Executive Chef. This is a full-time position at UVU with benefits. It will pay between $50,000 and $67,000 per year, depending on experience.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The executive chef is responsible for food production including food used for restaurants, retail foods, and vending, as well as banquet functions and special events which include University staff meetings, executive meetings, student events and other remote outlets in the University; developing menus, controlling food purchase, implementing purchasing specifications and producing standardized recipes; supervising, training and hiring kitchen staff. Developing and monitoring food and labor cost budgeting for the department. Maintaining highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
To Apply: Go to https://www.uvu.jobs/
North Fork Club Needs Cooks & Waitstaff - Will Consider Externship
Nadine San Antionio, Exec. ChefP.O. Box 512 Ossipee, NH 03864
603-539-6767, Cell 603-391-5661
Position Offered: Cook/Hospitality Staff for long standing private fly-fishing club or will consider Externship
Location – Island Park, Idaho, Henry’s Fork of the Snake River, 30 miles southwest of Yellowstone N.P.
Seasonal Position – June 5, 2014 – September 7, 2014 (approximate dates)
Days of Operation – Monday through Saturday, breakfast and dinner
Compensation – Commensurate with qualifications, $10+
Room & Board provided for a minimal fee
Purpose/Objective: Looking for dedicated, energetic people who have a base of expertise in the culinary arts and hospitality field and who are willing to apply their skills in both areas. We encourage creativity and attention to detail. We foster a work environment that values collaboration. We support an awareness of current trends in fostering relationships with local growers and producers.
• Assist Chef with menu planning (cook)
• Demonstrate skill in the application of suggested menus (cook)
• Plan & execute a variety of breakfast entrees and accompaniments (cook)
• Assist Chef with prep requirements for dinner (cook)
• Work cooperatively with other kitchen staff to set up & share work space (cook)
• Set tables and buffet and serve as needed (all staff)
• Track inventory by keeping daily records (all staff)
• Accept and assess product from vendors (cook)
• Have an understanding of what constitutes conscious food choices (all staff)
• Maintain high standards of safety & hygiene in kitchen & dining room (all staff)
• Maintain neat appearance and congenial attitude (all staff)
• Be proactive about the needs of our members as well as co-workers (all staff)
• High School Diploma
• Minimum 2 years of College Level Culinary training (cook)
• Two years on the job experience in food service (all staff)
• Broad base of knowledge & skills in food handling, preparation & cooking (cook)
• ServSafe certified (cook)
• Strong ability to work on a team and cooperatively achieve goals (all staff)
• Experience with vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free menu planning is desirable (cook)
To Apply: Contact Nadine at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students! Do You Need Catering Hours?
We need 20 students on Tuesday, March 31st for front and back of the house.
Please contact Michelle or Cody at 801.863.7054, and leave a message and Michelle will call you back with details.
Tower & Deli Ice Cream Shop at Thanksgiving Point - Kitchen/Shop Manager
POSITION: We have recently opened the Tower Deli and Ice Cream Shop Manager position here at Thanksgiving Point.
SALARY: ($32k-$36k) DOE
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking for someone with a Culinary Arts/Kitchen Manager background, who is a great “coach,” enthusiastic about food, and has excellent customer service skills. Responsible for developing and maintaining a strong and cohesive Deli & Ice Cream Shop / Concessions team. Oversees all activity in the department maintaining the highest standards in cost control, budgeting, cleanliness, food safety, customer service and overall organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for the creation and implementation of across-the-board standards for
Deli & Ice Cream Shop and Concessions events, maintaining quality food products and
remarkable customer service in all outlets and operations.
1. Works with Food Service team keeping concept current and fresh.
2. Oversees the production and rotation of all food products.
3. Provides a learning environment through daily training.
4. Insures that the work areas are clean and organized at all times.
5. Creates standards for all positions, trains staff and monitors service to insure that all standards are being maintained and enforced.
6. Exhibits job and product knowledge sufficient to provide (personally, as well as staff) guests with accurate information in all aspects of product, service, and property information.
7. Exhibits self-confidence and a disposition necessary to project a positive image to Thanksgiving Point guests as well as a being a role model for employees.
OPERATIONS: Responsible for all Deli & Ice Cream Shop and Concessions events, including but
not limited to:
1. Controls costs and is responsible for assisting to achieve budgeted percentages for labor, applicable operating expenses and food costs and assists in monthly inventories.
2. Manages day-to-day operations. Gives daily skill development training to staff.
3. Assist in overseeing the proper storage, maintenance and security all food and service equipment.
4. Attends and participates in Thanksgiving Point meetings as required.
5. Monitors employee morale and assists with reviews for all Deli & Ice Cream Shop, Concessions employees.
6. Insures that all Deli & Ice Cream Shop, Concessions areas and food production areas are compliant with Utah County Health codes.
7. Ensures staff is practicing safe and responsible food handling practices as well as maintaining clean and orderly work areas.
8. Responsible for the hiring, firing, training and scheduling of all Deli & Ice Cream Shop, Concessions personnel.
9. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
SHIFT HOURS AND DAYS REQUIRED:
• Min. 40 hours per week
• Requires working weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Strong interpersonal skills and work well with others
• Demonstrated computer skills, primarily Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Requires heavy lifting and moving heavy objects/products up to 75+ pounds
• Requires extended periods of time on feet including walking and moving about property
• Problem solving and good communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Two to three years related front of the house experience (strong back of the house/kitchen management experience a bonus)
• Culinary Arts education and knowledge preferred
• Superior knowledge of County sanitation and safety requirements
TO APPLY: Go to https://thanksgivingpoint.applicantpro.com/jobs/195798.html
Rick Allen | Director of Food & Beverage
3003 North Thanksgiving Way, Lehi, UT 84043
801.768.7447 | thanksgivingpoint.org
Thanksgiving Point Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit farm, garden, and museum
complex that draws upon the natural world to cultivate transformative family learning
West Valley City Golf F&B - Positions Open for Line Cooks
JOB DESCRIPTION: We are looking for 3 to 4 Line Cooks.
HOURS: It would be 20-40 hrs with a portion of gratuities and golf benefits.
TO APPLY: Contact:
Director of Food & Beverage at West Valley City Golf F&B
Summer Job in Alaska - Salary Plus Expenses - Full-time Cook Needed
- Looking for an individual to cook for our guests at a fishing lodge in Alaska.
- We are presently booked completely for the month of August and will probably add a few additional weeks in July.
- Time for our staff is provided each week to fish for salmon, halibut and cod (etc), if they would like to do so.
- The lodge usually has 9 or 10 guests each 5-day week (5-night trip). So we would need to perfect 5 meals, which can be repeated and rotated with each group.
- Daily, we provide breakfast, a sack lunch for the guests to take on the fishing boat, and a nice dinner in the evening.
- Tasks would also include helping around the lodge with the domestic chores.
- We will provide transportation from SLC to the lodge in Alaska, and back home again at the end of the season.
- Pay will be $500.00 per week, plus tips. The tips should provide a good increase in the total pay.
- We want to fill this position before mid-April
- Please call Neal Dastrup at 801-358-4400 or send an email to email@example.com, or mail one to:
1061 East Provo Canyon Rd
Provo UT 84604
Student Graduates or New Graduates - East Canyon Vacation Resort - Needs a Head Cook!
Department: Restaurant & Bar Location: East Canyon Resort
• Our restaurant is called the Canyon Ridge Grill at East Canyon Resort. The restaurant is open from mid-May to mid or end of October. We would like a new chef to start in April.
To oversee all the food service operations of the restaurant department. To guarantee the delivery of excellent food services to all owners, guests, and fellow employees. To ensure that owners vacations are enjoyable and problem free insofar as restaurant services are concerned. The Resort prides itself in the level of personalized service we provide. Therefore, we expect our Staff to maintain a high level of integrity and service and to always attend to our guests’ needs in a professional manner.
1. Abides by and enforces established policies and procedures, house and departmental rules, safety rules, grooming codes and security procedures and work instructions.
2. Exercises independent judgment in all areas of accountability in the interest of Management.
3. Recommend retention or termination of probationary employees.
4. Responsibly directs the daily work of all employees.
5. Handles Customer Service whenever necessary.
1. Provide excellence in restaurant service.
• Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
• Create and organize menu for restaurant that will satisfy guests and owners.
• Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Responsible for the condition of all kitchen and restaurant interiors.
• Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
• Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
2. Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
• Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
• Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as availability of ingredients and the number of customers.
• Record production and operational data on specified forms.
3. Employee Supervision and Development
• Hire, train and evaluate all restaurant cooks and other kitchen workers.
• Require that employees are capable of completing jobs assigned in an excellent manner and remove any employee who is unable to do so.
• Conduct routine mandatory staff meeting.
• Establish efficient standard for hours required and number of employees to prepare food and keep restaurant operational. Require employees to work within this standard.
• Scheduling of employees—maintain hours, limit overtime.
4. Responsible for budget management and cost control
• Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
• Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies.
• Evaluate purchases and secure best price for best products.
• Maintain record of all expenses—submit purchase requests in a timely manner and never be caught without proper supplies.
• Assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
• Control use of overtime, control wages within budgetary constraints.
5. Responsible for quality of kitchen equipment and inventory levels
• Check the quantity and quality of received products.
• Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
• Report all items requiring repair and/or replacement utilizing resort developed and approved work order forms.
• Schedule, organize and manage a complete annual maintenance week.
• Maintain records of areas inspected and work orders generated.
• Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs. Maintain up-to-date inventory of all cleaning supplies. Reorder as needed to maintain minimum par on-hand.
• Maintain all necessary equipment in excellent condition, replace as needed.
• Report any kitchen or restaurant equipment maintenance problems.
6. Responsible for developing and maintaining excellent department communications concerning food quality, presentation quality, and service quality.
• Develop, maintain and constantly strive to improve the cooking techniques and food quality provided by the kitchen.
• Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
• Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
• Keep RGM well informed of employee needs.
7. Responsible for total restaurant quality and owner/guest evaluation
• Responsible for all restaurant staff to always greet and communicate well with guests with a smile and verbal acknowledgement.
• Determine best program for retrieving and evaluating customer feedback to ensure customer satisfaction.
8. Performs other duties as requested by RGM.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
1. Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required:
• The ideal candidates will possess a bachelor's degree or related culinary degree with 4 or more years of industry and culinary management experience.
2. Minimum Experience required:
• Previous experience with control food and labor cost, demonstration cooking, menu development, and pricing and development of culinary team preferred.
3. Skills Required:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, • Leadership skills, • Ability to multi-task, Physical Job Description
Job Title: Head Cook
Typical Working Conditions: Environment may include exposure to heat as a kitchen is a hot place, full of stoves, ovens and grills. May include exposure to cleaning chemicals, fumes, grease, oils and other kitchen materials used to clean or cook.
Equipment Used: Stoves, grills, ovens, fryer, knives, pots, pans, mixers, walk in freezer and refrigerator, ice machines, washing machine, other restaurant kitchen equipment.
Essential Physical Tasks: Close quarters, standing for hours at a time, lifting, and working near hot ovens and grills. Regularly required to stand, use hands, reach above head, walk, kneel, crouch and lift at least 50 lbs.
TO APPLY: Go to www.eastcanyon.com
Experience for Students - Teaching at Thanksgiving Point
We would like to offer UVU Culinary Arts Institute students the opportunity to teach or help teach culinary art classes here at Thanksgiving Point. Classes are taught using the facilities in our Trellis Café during the evening hours.
Classes may include instruction, demonstration and hands-on. Culinary ingredients, supplies and most equipment (if available) will be provided. If interested, please contact us for additional information.
Marie Anderson | Education Programming
Family and Consumer Science Educator
3003 North Thanksgiving Way, Lehi, UT 84043
801.768.4943 | thanksgivingpoint.org
Thanksgiving Point Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit farm, garden, and museum complex that draws upon the natural world to cultivate transformative family learning
Help Wanted for Spirit Lake Lodge - Summer Employment/Internship Opportunity
4 general workers to help with both the grill and the lodge
POSITION AVAILABLE: LODGE/GRILL WORKER
JOB DESCRIPTION: Staff members help with the whole resort. The job includes working in the restaurant: serving, washing dishes, cleaning up, running the register, and helping with cooking. Additionally, our staff will be serving as cashiers for the store (in the same space as the restaurant). Also, in the morning, they clean the cabins, change sheets, do laundry, and chop wood. They may also help with renting boats and helping on the dock. Employees must be 18 years or older, but no experience is necessary as we train on the job. They do need to be able to pass a Criminal Background Check, and cannot use drugs. Also they cannot use alcohol on the lodge property.
HOURS/SHIFT: Staff members work 3 ½ days per week: 3 twelve-hour shifts and one 4 hour shift. They split the week, working either: Saturday, Sunday, Monday and 1/2 of Tuesday; or 1/2 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. The restaurant is open only on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So each shift has two days of lodge duty/cleaning plus restaurant duty, and a day and a half of lodge duty/cleaning only. The days worked are grouped together so that folks can go backpacking or drive home for a couple of days.
PAY/BENEFITS: Pay is $170 per week, plus tips and board and room. Payday is every two weeks. Season is from June 1 thru Labor Day (September 7). Employees stay in the Lodge itself, which includes a bathroom. They can stay in the lodge on their days off as well, but must supply their own food on their days off. Boat rentals are free for employees (But customers have priority.)
DESCRIPTION OF SPIRIT LAKE LODGE: Our season is basically from Memorial day to Labor Day, but sometimes the snow is too deep to get in before the first week of June. We are at 10,200 ft elevation, at the East entrance of the High Uintah Wilderness Area and the Highline Trail. The lodge is where the road ends and the trails start. The Lodge is small, and was built in 1936, so it is an historic spot with lots of folks coming to stay or eat there for generations. We have 9 cabins, the lodge restaurant/convenience store, and boat rentals (one canoe, two row boats, and a paddle boat). The cabins are made of log, built in the 1930's/40's and each has a wood stove, which is the only source of heat. We also heat the lodge itself with two wood stoves. There is no electricity to the cabins. We do have a generator for the lodge, which we use to do laundry and run the internet for our mini ipad which we use as a cash register. Also, cell phones don't work here, so we have a mountain phone (1) that serves as the only phone in the area. Also, there are two bathrooms with running water, (one men's, one women's) and a shower house that is a bathroom also.
It is an amazing spot of paradise in a high mountain valley with 8 lakes in the basin and many more all around us. For someone who wants to gain experience in a wide range of hospitality tasks and loves the outdoors, it is a great summer opportunity.
The Old Spaghetti Factory - Hiring Kitchen Staff Now!
Line/Prep Cooks & Dishwashers
- Competitive wage – DOE
- Flexible hours
- Opportunity for advancement
- On-site training
- Need nights and weekend availability
- Call Frank De Santiago, Kitchen Manager at 801.224.6199, drop off an application downloaded at http://www.osf.com/pdf/OSF_hourlyApplication.pdf
The Old Spaghetti Factory
575 E University Parkway Space A-2
Orem, UT 84097
Collie’s Bar & Grill - Cook Positions Open! - Park City, UT
JOB: 5 cooking positions available
APPLY: At firstname.lastname@example.org
Merit Medical - Bistro Cook Opportunity
Hourly or Salaried:
Hourly, Wage DOE
Full-time-Regular, 1st Shift
5:00 AM to 3:30 PM (Monday - Thursday)
South Jordan, UT
COOK: Merit Medical has a beautiful Bistro Cafe onsite at our Corporate Headquarters-South
Jordan, Utah facility. Our Bistro Cafe strives for excellence in providing cuisine
entree items that rival that best restaurants in town! We are looking for an experienced
Cook, who will continue our strive for excellence!
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled "Great people, Great products, Great Company". Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
The Homestead Resort is Hiring - Several Positions Available Immediately!
- Lead Line cooks – FT / PT
- Bakers – FT / PT
- Line Cooks – FT / PT
- Servers – FT / PT
- Bartenders – PT
COMPENSATION: We are flexible with school needs, mentoring and externships. We do not take unpaid interns, as we believe that any one in our kitchen contributes to the team, and deserves compensation. Compensation is based on experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Come grow with us! We have a great kitchen with 2 restaurants, banquets, golf, and a sandwich shop. We make everything from scratch including our cured meats, jams, pickles etc. We believe that a great kitchen is led by the community, so we hire and source as much as we can locally.
TO APPLY: Please call Roe’e Levy, Executive Chef, at 435.503.4648 for further information. You may also visit our website at www.homsteadresort.com
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
700 North Homestead Drive
Midway, UT 84049
Camp Hobe' - Summer Camp for Children with Cancer & their Siblings
Currently Recruiting Volunteers for Three 2015 Camp Sessions
~ Kids Camp (ages 6 to 11 years) - June 6-12 ~
~ Day Camp (ages 4 to 7) - June 12-14 ~
~ Teen Camp (ages 11 to 19) - June 15-20 ~
A Head Cook and Kitchen Assistants Volunteers are needed for 2015 Camp Sessions
- Food service experience and a current Food Handler’s Permit are preferred for all positions
- Supervisory experience is preferred but not required for head cook positions
- Kitchen volunteers for Kids and Teen Camps receive a small stipend and many other benefits, including being outdoors with awesome inspiring kids
- College credit may be available
The head cook works with our kitchen supervisor to prepare menus and order supplies. During each camp session, the head cook is responsible for the following:
- Planning and supervising meal preparation for up to 250 people
- Assigning volunteers as needed
- Following established guidelines
- Requesting additional supplies if needed
- Adapting to special dietary needs and impromptu requests as appropriate.
- Week-long session stipend: $500
Kitchen assistants help prepare and serve meals and snacks as well as support program activities for each session under the head cook’s direction. Other responsibilities include the following:
- Supporting medical and pool staff
- Refilling outdoor drink stations
- Final checkout at the end of the week
- Other volunteers are assigned to wash dishes, clean up after meals, and mop; kitchen assistants are not expected to do these tasks on a routine basis
- Kitchen assistants can choose between bunking with Camp Directors or with a group of campers and counselors.
- Week-long session stipend: $250
- Minimum age of 20 years-old preferred
- Experience in food preparation for large groups preferred
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision,
- Self-motivated, good character, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and willing to learn
- Ability to provide guidance, verbal instruction, and supervision to others in a caring supportive manner and participate in camp activities
- Flexible and able to respond positively to change in duties or schedule
- Food Handler’s Permit or ServeSafe certification
- Protect confidentiality of campers and staff members
- Able to identify and respond to hazards; able to assist in emergency situations
- For more information contact the Camp Director at 801.631.2742, or email@example.com, or visit www.camphobekids.org
YMCA Camp Roger -- Kitchen Manager Externship/Position Open Immediately
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position has been a great job/externship opportunity for culinary students in the past. We are more than willing to work with students to ensure they meet the requirements needed in order for this experience to count towards credit needed for an externship or job. We often hire those who like to work in ski lodges during winter, since scheduling works out nicely.
POSITION: We are looking to hire a kitchen manager for YMCA Camp Roger located in the Uinta’s near Kamas, UT. YMCA Camp Roger is an overnight summer camp for boys and girls between the ages of 7-17 serving up to 120 youth a week. This is a 10 week seasonal position between May 26th and August 8th.
BENEFITS: Room and board is provided and the kitchen staff are expected to live at the facility while employed. The kitchen serves three family style meals a day for 150-200 children and college students per meal.
TO APPLY: We will be accepting applications until the position is filled. Apply by emailing Marcie Glad a resume and letter of intent or online at http://www.ymcautah.org/camp-roger/staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: Students seeking an externship or job and we are willing to look at flexibility.
Homestead Resort - Cook Positions/Externships Open
POSITION and/or PAID EXTERNSHIP
- We are looking for all-star cooks to join our team.
- Can be done as paid externship.
- Past fine dining experience is a plus.
- Salary depends on experience.
- Great career path for the right candidate, as well as competitive pay and benefits, above the industry standards.
- The Homestead Resort
- 700 North Homestead Drive
- Midway, UT 84049
- For more information, please email Roe’e Levy, Executive Chef, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and a resume.