The Cocoa Bean Cupcake Café - Baker Decorator Needed
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Cocoa Bean Cupcake Café in Provo, UT is looking for a career minded individual to join our team as a baker/decorator. If you are interested in working in a fun, upbeat environment that will give you the opportunity to grow as a culinary professional, we want to talk to you!
HOURS: This s a morning position and averages between 20-30 hours per week.
SALARY: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
TO APPLY: Send resume and design portfolio pics (if available) to Curtis@TheCocoaBean.net
The Cocoa Bean Cupcake Café opened in Provo in 2009 and is conveniently between located between UVU and BYU in Brigham’s Landing shopping center on University Parkway. We offer gourmet cupcakes, cookies, cake pops, hot chocolates and iced frapes. Visit us at the TheCocoaBean.net and on Instagram.
The Mouse Trap Food Truck – Now Hiring
Hiring/Training NEW Employees - Send Resume!
Perfect for College Students
JOB DESCRIPTION: P/T help wanted for The Mouse Trap Food Truck in Utah County. The food truck is is on the road 6 days a week for lunch, dinner and events.
TIME & PAY: Looking for people to work day/nights/weekends, Monday through Saturday.
SALARY: $8 - $12 per hour, DOE
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and contact Dave at email@example.com for questions and consideration.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMMATION, SEE FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mouse-Trap-Truck/603212013090134
Park Place of Pleasant Grove - Needs a Part-time Cook
JOB DESCRIPTION: Park Place of Pleasant Grove is a small assisted living facility, with 11 residents. They need a part-time cook for Saturday mornings
RESPONSIBILITIES: Prepare breakfast and lunch for 11 residents and a dinner that can be refrigerated or frozen for that evening.
TIME: Every Saturday from 7:30 am – 12:30 pm
TO APPLY: Call Kathy at 801.687.2139 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Haven Residential Treatment Center - Chef Position Open
PROGRAM: New Haven Residential Treatment Center is a residential treatment center for adolescent girls and their families. At New Haven, our treatment is family focused, values based and multisystemic; these three foundational elements make for a clinically sophisticated program that puts relationship at the center of the healing process. New Haven has three campuses in Utah - one in Spanish Fork, Saratoga Springs and Hobble Creek. Currently, New Haven is in the process of opening a new campus. We are looking for a chef that has experience and knowledge of organic and holistic meal preparation.
JOB DESCRIPTION: New Haven Residential Treatment Center is currently looking for a chef at their Hobble Creek Campus. This is a very unique position of running the kitchen for one of our homes, as well as interacting with students and staff. This person does all the planning and purchasing of food for the home. They shop for food as well as ordering food from a food service. The chef manages the food budget for the home. Applicants must be able to prepare organic, holistic meals.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Include preparing lunch and dinner Monday through Friday for approximately 25 students, teachers and staff, using menus prepared by the Dietitian. Ensure all breakfast food is organized and ready for staff to serve the girls each morning. Also, ensures that food for weekends is in the pantry along with recipes so staff can prepare meals. This person will have the additional responsibility to prepare meals for up to 75 people on Parent Weekends (every 8 weeks), Graduation and other special occasions. The chef oversees the overall cleanliness, orderliness and safety of the kitchen.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must have knowledge of nutrition, health codes and proper sanitation. Must have skills in food preparation and be able to plan and prioritize work.
- Culinary Arts education preferred
- Knowledge of nutrition
- Experience preparing organic meal
- Must know health codes
- Food Handlers permit or ServSafe
- Experience using a budget
- Experience ordering from a food service
- Knowledge of sanitation
- Experience preparing food for large groups
- Must have the ability to create positive relationships
- Must be able to pass a Utah State background check
- Must have own transportation
HOURS: Working hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
COMPENSATION: Competitive Salary (DOE) & Competitive Benefits
TO APPLY: Please submit resume to: email@example.com
Dining at Bryce Canyon - Summer Positions Available!
The Lodge at Bryce Canyon offers a variety of food options, from fine dining, groceries, and convenience-style items. We value fresh ingredients, guest service, and exquisite preparation & presentation.
There are three dining options:
~ The Lodge at Bryce Canyon Restaurant
~ Valhalla Pizzeria and Coffee Shop
~ General Store
~ We are ALSO currently in need of line cooks and pantry cooks as well as experienced Sous Chef's
At Forever Resorts, we share the National Park Service's commitment to the "Healthy Parks, Healthy People" Initiative. Our menus are designed with vegetarian, low-fat, and gluten-free options based on mostly sustainable ingredients organically grown or raised. The beef, chicken and pork are procured from regional sources and grown with minimal use of hormones or antibiotics. We follow healthy cooking practices and use Zero Trans Fat Oils. By using local companies in our purchasing, we support the regional economy and reduce our carbon footprint. Fresh--not processed--products are used in our kitchens. Our children's menu is also geared toward healthy eating by replacing fried or processed foods with healthy options.
The Lodge at Bryce Canyon Restaurant is consistently rated as one of the area's best dining experiences. A grand stone fireplace graces the 180-seat dining room and delivers just the right amount of rustic elegance to guests who want to enjoy fine food in a remarkable atmosphere. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. No reservations are required, Seating is on a first come-first served basis. Attire is casual.
Salary: Rate of pay $8.50-$9.50. We are a seasonal hospitality operation.
Dates: Our season started March 27 and will run until November 7, 2015. This is a great chance to live, learn, work and play in a national park and to apply at other Forever Resorts.
To Apply: Go to http://brycecanyonforever.com/lodge-dining
Tulie Bakery in Salt Lake City has a Second Opening!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Part time early morning baker for Tulie Bakery in Salt Lake City. Hiring immediately, so hurry and apply before it's gone!
QUALIICATIONS: We love people with attention to detail, speed and efficiency, a high degree of responsibility, and a positive attitude.
HOURS: 3:30-4:00 AM until around 7 AM. 5 days a week
SALARY: $11 - $13 per hour
RESPONSIBILITIES: Baking all breakfast pastries and making croissant dough.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and references to Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tulie Bakery in Salt Lake City is Hiring!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Part-time baker for Tulie Bakery in Salt Lake City. Hiring immediately, so hurry and apply before it's gone!
QUALIFICATIONS: We love people with attention to detail, speed and efficiency, a high degree of responsibility, and a positive attitude.
HOURS: 5:00-6:00 AM until around 1:00-2:00 PM, Fri - Sun
SALARY: $10.50 - $13 per hour
RESPONSIBILITIES: Cooking and baking, embellishing tarts and other desserts for the pastry case. Frosting store cakes, production, and maintaining a clean and sanitized work station. Come and join our passionate and happy team of bakers!
TO APPLY: Please send resume and references to Leslie at email@example.com
Personal Chef Needed!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Senior culinary student with own transportation to work as personal chef at my home in Springville, UT. Looking for an efficient multitasker.
HOURS: One day a week - possibly turning into two days a week. Any day, Monday through Friday during business hours.
SALARY: Starting at $13 an hour, and moving to $15 after a one month trial period. Compensation for gas and time spent shopping as well.
RESPONSIBILITIES: I am a gluten free, oil free, sugar free, mostly salt free VEGAN (no animal products). My husband and college age children eat a more “normal” diet. I will provide cookbooks and recipe ideas. To begin, I would like the following:
- Shop once a week
- Chop veggies/fruit for “on the go” veggie, salad and fruit cups, as well as chopped veggies/fruit for at home use.
- Cook one grain (brown rice, millet, quinoa, etc.) and portion into serving containers.
- Make 2 salad dressings
- Make a Vegan soup or casserole
- Make a “normal” casserole (think Standard American Diet comfort food) for weekend when college age children are home. Something freezable if you choose to work earlier in the week.
- Hard boil eggs
- Bake potatoes or sweet potatoes
- Help with kitchen organization
I have a food processer, Blendtec, rice cooker, crockpot, and other small appliances. I am willing to buy kitchen equipment as needed.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and references to Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-Order Cook Needed
Pinewoods Resort Restaurant. Call on this job for more information!
To apply and for more information contact Janice at email@example.com
Part-Time Chef Needed
JOB DESCRIPTION: It’s time to let your creative side flourish! Part-Time (30 hours week) Chef wanted for busy, professional, Provo Family.
QUALIFICATIONS: The optimal applicant is excited about an independent working environment, health conscious gourmet meal preparation 3-5 days a week for appetizer plates, dinners, some lunches and occasional larger gatherings. Using organic ingredients, minimal sugar/wheat/pasta are extremely important.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes shopping, food prep and cooking.
SALARY: Generous wage for the right individual. A full-time position could be available for an individual that likes to clean as well. Some benefits are also available.
TO APPLY: Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provo Marriott - Line Cook Position Open
Hotel/Office: Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Location: Provo, UT, United States
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Brand: Marriott Hotels & Resorts and JW Marriott Hotels
Position Type: Non-Management/Hourly
JOB DESCRIPTION: With more than 300 managed properties worldwide (including conference centers) our flagship brand, Marriott Hotels & Resorts celebrates the drive, focus, and resilience of our guests while focusing on exceptional service and genuine comfort. As part of the Marriott Hotels & Resorts team, you'll work to make the most of the travel experience of each and every guests. Find Your World™ at Marriott Hotels & Resorts.
SUMMARY: Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods. Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers. Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently. Monitor food quality while preparing food. Set-up and break down work station. Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles. Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
TO APPLY: Apply online at
Executive Chef - UVU Dining Services
JOB DESCRIPTION: UVU Dining Services has an opening for an Executive Chef. This is a full-time position at UVU with benefits. It will pay between $50,000 and $67,000 per year, depending on experience.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The executive chef is responsible for food production including food used for restaurants, retail foods, and vending, as well as banquet functions and special events which include University staff meetings, executive meetings, student events and other remote outlets in the University; developing menus, controlling food purchase, implementing purchasing specifications and producing standardized recipes; supervising, training and hiring kitchen staff. Developing and monitoring food and labor cost budgeting for the department. Maintaining highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
To Apply: Go to https://www.uvu.jobs/
North Fork Club Needs Cooks & Waitstaff - Will Consider Externship
Nadine San Antionio, Exec. ChefP.O. Box 512 Ossipee, NH 03864
603-539-6767, Cell 603-391-5661
Position Offered: Cook/Hospitality Staff for long standing private fly-fishing club or will consider Externship
Location – Island Park, Idaho, Henry’s Fork of the Snake River, 30 miles southwest of Yellowstone N.P.
Seasonal Position – June 5, 2014 – September 7, 2014 (approximate dates)
Days of Operation – Monday through Saturday, breakfast and dinner
Compensation – Commensurate with qualifications, $10+
Room & Board provided for a minimal fee
Purpose/Objective: Looking for dedicated, energetic people who have a base of expertise in the culinary arts and hospitality field and who are willing to apply their skills in both areas. We encourage creativity and attention to detail. We foster a work environment that values collaboration. We support an awareness of current trends in fostering relationships with local growers and producers.
• Assist Chef with menu planning (cook)
• Demonstrate skill in the application of suggested menus (cook)
• Plan & execute a variety of breakfast entrees and accompaniments (cook)
• Assist Chef with prep requirements for dinner (cook)
• Work cooperatively with other kitchen staff to set up & share work space (cook)
• Set tables and buffet and serve as needed (all staff)
• Track inventory by keeping daily records (all staff)
• Accept and assess product from vendors (cook)
• Have an understanding of what constitutes conscious food choices (all staff)
• Maintain high standards of safety & hygiene in kitchen & dining room (all staff)
• Maintain neat appearance and congenial attitude (all staff)
• Be proactive about the needs of our members as well as co-workers (all staff)
• High School Diploma
• Minimum 2 years of College Level Culinary training (cook)
• Two years on the job experience in food service (all staff)
• Broad base of knowledge & skills in food handling, preparation & cooking (cook)
• ServSafe certified (cook)
• Strong ability to work on a team and cooperatively achieve goals (all staff)
• Experience with vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free menu planning is desirable (cook)
To Apply: Contact Nadine at email@example.com
Tower & Deli Ice Cream Shop at Thanksgiving Point - Kitchen/Shop Manager
POSITION: We have recently opened the Tower Deli and Ice Cream Shop Manager position here at Thanksgiving Point.
SALARY: ($32k-$36k) DOE
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking for someone with a Culinary Arts/Kitchen Manager background, who is a great “coach,” enthusiastic about food, and has excellent customer service skills. Responsible for developing and maintaining a strong and cohesive Deli & Ice Cream Shop / Concessions team. Oversees all activity in the department maintaining the highest standards in cost control, budgeting, cleanliness, food safety, customer service and overall organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for the creation and implementation of across-the-board standards for
Deli & Ice Cream Shop and Concessions events, maintaining quality food products and
remarkable customer service in all outlets and operations.
1. Works with Food Service team keeping concept current and fresh.
2. Oversees the production and rotation of all food products.
3. Provides a learning environment through daily training.
4. Insures that the work areas are clean and organized at all times.
5. Creates standards for all positions, trains staff and monitors service to insure that all standards are being maintained and enforced.
6. Exhibits job and product knowledge sufficient to provide (personally, as well as staff) guests with accurate information in all aspects of product, service, and property information.
7. Exhibits self-confidence and a disposition necessary to project a positive image to Thanksgiving Point guests as well as a being a role model for employees.
OPERATIONS: Responsible for all Deli & Ice Cream Shop and Concessions events, including but
not limited to:
1. Controls costs and is responsible for assisting to achieve budgeted percentages for labor, applicable operating expenses and food costs and assists in monthly inventories.
2. Manages day-to-day operations. Gives daily skill development training to staff.
3. Assist in overseeing the proper storage, maintenance and security all food and service equipment.
4. Attends and participates in Thanksgiving Point meetings as required.
5. Monitors employee morale and assists with reviews for all Deli & Ice Cream Shop, Concessions employees.
6. Insures that all Deli & Ice Cream Shop, Concessions areas and food production areas are compliant with Utah County Health codes.
7. Ensures staff is practicing safe and responsible food handling practices as well as maintaining clean and orderly work areas.
8. Responsible for the hiring, firing, training and scheduling of all Deli & Ice Cream Shop, Concessions personnel.
9. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
SHIFT HOURS AND DAYS REQUIRED:
• Min. 40 hours per week
• Requires working weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Strong interpersonal skills and work well with others
• Demonstrated computer skills, primarily Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Requires heavy lifting and moving heavy objects/products up to 75+ pounds
• Requires extended periods of time on feet including walking and moving about property
• Problem solving and good communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Two to three years related front of the house experience (strong back of the house/kitchen management experience a bonus)
• Culinary Arts education and knowledge preferred
• Superior knowledge of County sanitation and safety requirements
TO APPLY: Go to https://thanksgivingpoint.applicantpro.com/jobs/195798.html
Rick Allen | Director of Food & Beverage
3003 North Thanksgiving Way, Lehi, UT 84043
801.768.7447 | thanksgivingpoint.org
Thanksgiving Point Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit farm, garden, and museum
complex that draws upon the natural world to cultivate transformative family learning
West Valley City Golf F&B - Positions Open for Line Cooks
JOB DESCRIPTION: We are looking for 3 to 4 Line Cooks.
HOURS: It would be 20-40 hrs with a portion of gratuities and golf benefits.
TO APPLY: Contact:
Director of Food & Beverage at West Valley City Golf F&B
Summer Job in Alaska - Salary Plus Expenses - Full-time Cook Needed
- Looking for an individual to cook for our guests at a fishing lodge in Alaska.
- We are presently booked completely for the month of August and will probably add a few additional weeks in July.
- Time for our staff is provided each week to fish for salmon, halibut and cod (etc), if they would like to do so.
- The lodge usually has 9 or 10 guests each 5-day week (5-night trip). So we would need to perfect 5 meals, which can be repeated and rotated with each group.
- Daily, we provide breakfast, a sack lunch for the guests to take on the fishing boat, and a nice dinner in the evening.
- Tasks would also include helping around the lodge with the domestic chores.
- We will provide transportation from SLC to the lodge in Alaska, and back home again at the end of the season.
- Pay will be $500.00 per week, plus tips. The tips should provide a good increase in the total pay.
- We want to fill this position before mid-April
- Please call Neal Dastrup at 801-358-4400 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail one to:
1061 East Provo Canyon Rd
Provo UT 84604
Student Graduates or New Graduates - East Canyon Vacation Resort - Needs a Head Cook!
Department: Restaurant & Bar Location: East Canyon Resort
• Our restaurant is called the Canyon Ridge Grill at East Canyon Resort. The restaurant is open from mid-May to mid or end of October. We would like a new chef to start in April.
To oversee all the food service operations of the restaurant department. To guarantee the delivery of excellent food services to all owners, guests, and fellow employees. To ensure that owners vacations are enjoyable and problem free insofar as restaurant services are concerned. The Resort prides itself in the level of personalized service we provide. Therefore, we expect our Staff to maintain a high level of integrity and service and to always attend to our guests’ needs in a professional manner.
1. Abides by and enforces established policies and procedures, house and departmental rules, safety rules, grooming codes and security procedures and work instructions.
2. Exercises independent judgment in all areas of accountability in the interest of Management.
3. Recommend retention or termination of probationary employees.
4. Responsibly directs the daily work of all employees.
5. Handles Customer Service whenever necessary.
1. Provide excellence in restaurant service.
• Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
• Create and organize menu for restaurant that will satisfy guests and owners.
• Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Responsible for the condition of all kitchen and restaurant interiors.
• Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
• Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
2. Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
• Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
• Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as availability of ingredients and the number of customers.
• Record production and operational data on specified forms.
3. Employee Supervision and Development
• Hire, train and evaluate all restaurant cooks and other kitchen workers.
• Require that employees are capable of completing jobs assigned in an excellent manner and remove any employee who is unable to do so.
• Conduct routine mandatory staff meeting.
• Establish efficient standard for hours required and number of employees to prepare food and keep restaurant operational. Require employees to work within this standard.
• Scheduling of employees—maintain hours, limit overtime.
4. Responsible for budget management and cost control
• Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
• Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies.
• Evaluate purchases and secure best price for best products.
• Maintain record of all expenses—submit purchase requests in a timely manner and never be caught without proper supplies.
• Assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
• Control use of overtime, control wages within budgetary constraints.
5. Responsible for quality of kitchen equipment and inventory levels
• Check the quantity and quality of received products.
• Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
• Report all items requiring repair and/or replacement utilizing resort developed and approved work order forms.
• Schedule, organize and manage a complete annual maintenance week.
• Maintain records of areas inspected and work orders generated.
• Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs. Maintain up-to-date inventory of all cleaning supplies. Reorder as needed to maintain minimum par on-hand.
• Maintain all necessary equipment in excellent condition, replace as needed.
• Report any kitchen or restaurant equipment maintenance problems.
6. Responsible for developing and maintaining excellent department communications concerning food quality, presentation quality, and service quality.
• Develop, maintain and constantly strive to improve the cooking techniques and food quality provided by the kitchen.
• Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
• Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
• Keep RGM well informed of employee needs.
7. Responsible for total restaurant quality and owner/guest evaluation
• Responsible for all restaurant staff to always greet and communicate well with guests with a smile and verbal acknowledgement.
• Determine best program for retrieving and evaluating customer feedback to ensure customer satisfaction.
8. Performs other duties as requested by RGM.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
1. Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required:
• The ideal candidates will possess a bachelor's degree or related culinary degree with 4 or more years of industry and culinary management experience.
2. Minimum Experience required:
• Previous experience with control food and labor cost, demonstration cooking, menu development, and pricing and development of culinary team preferred.
3. Skills Required:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, • Leadership skills, • Ability to multi-task, Physical Job Description
Job Title: Head Cook
Typical Working Conditions: Environment may include exposure to heat as a kitchen is a hot place, full of stoves, ovens and grills. May include exposure to cleaning chemicals, fumes, grease, oils and other kitchen materials used to clean or cook.
Equipment Used: Stoves, grills, ovens, fryer, knives, pots, pans, mixers, walk in freezer and refrigerator, ice machines, washing machine, other restaurant kitchen equipment.
Essential Physical Tasks: Close quarters, standing for hours at a time, lifting, and working near hot ovens and grills. Regularly required to stand, use hands, reach above head, walk, kneel, crouch and lift at least 50 lbs.
TO APPLY: Go to www.eastcanyon.com
Experience for Students - Teaching at Thanksgiving Point
We would like to offer UVU Culinary Arts Institute students the opportunity to teach or help teach culinary art classes here at Thanksgiving Point. Classes are taught using the facilities in our Trellis Café during the evening hours.
Classes may include instruction, demonstration and hands-on. Culinary ingredients, supplies and most equipment (if available) will be provided. If interested, please contact us for additional information.
Marie Anderson | Education Programming
Family and Consumer Science Educator
3003 North Thanksgiving Way, Lehi, UT 84043
801.768.4943 | thanksgivingpoint.org
Thanksgiving Point Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit farm, garden, and museum complex that draws upon the natural world to cultivate transformative family learning