College Readiness... access a world of resources during your college experiences!
College Readiness Track
This is a recommended track - It is not required for program certification
Attending college is an important and major decision in an individual’s life, and students make the decision based on varied reasons...the hope to secure a better paying job and a fulfilling career, to learn new things, to set an example for others, to address parental or societal expectations, and sometimes to literally just pass time! While college life can be a wonderful experience, an unprepared student may find it more challenging than rewarding.
The College Readiness Track can help you assess your enthusiasm for attending college, identify your preferred learning style, gain an understanding for essential college processes and helpful resources on campus, find ways to get involved while maintaining academic and social balance, set educational goals, and commit to completing those goals.
- Awareness - awareness of college processes, resources, support systems, activities, etc.
- Knowledge - knowledge of college readiness principles, individual learning strategies, student involvement, and commitment to completing educational goals
- Application - application of college readiness principles and strategies to achieve academic success
In the College Readiness Track you will have the opportunity to be mentored by a "Peer Mentor." A Peer Mentor is an experienced student who has received special training and who possesses expansive knowledge of UVU resources, activities and processes that are vital to your success as a student.
- Why College?
- College Readiness Survey
- Academic Advisement Session
- Wolverine Track Planner Tutorial
- Natural Learning Assessment
- Student Strengths Inventory
- Student Resources Workshop
- Major in Success
- Getting Involved
- Mentoring Activities
- First Year Experience
- Jumpstart Orientation
- Freshman Convocation
- Freshman Reading Program
- FYE Service Days
After completing the College Readiness Track activities and reflection assignments,
you will highlight the information you have learned about yourself in your College Readiness E-portfolio.