Career Exploration... upgrade your ticket to include expanded career options!
Career Exploration Track
3,000,000 new freshmen start college every year, and most have no idea what major they should declare, what career they want to pursue, or how to figure out either of these two life-altering decisions! Selecting a college major can feel like a huge decision, and many students fear that if they choose the wrong major, they'll be stuck forever in an occupation they're really not cut out for. But your college major does not necessarily determine your career path or forever exclude you from other options. Surprisingly, ten years after graduation, 80% of workers are working in occupations NOT related to their college major!
Career Exploration is the ticket to the job of your dreams! You'll have the opportunity to explore several major and career options. If you have already selected your major, this is a chance to validate your decision and discover several career options that specifically fit your personality, talents, passions and abilities.
- Awareness - increased awareness of career exploration methods, resources and tools
- Knowledge - expanded occupational knowledge regarding college major and numerous career options
- Application - confident selection or validation of a college major and career path
In the Career Exploration Track you will have the opportunity to discuss the activities and assessments you are completing with a career professional who may share their own personal experiences, advice and suggestions regarding the career exploration process.
- Career Readiness Analysis
- Assessment Review & Application
- Exploring By Majors
- Identifying Career Possibilities
- Expanding Career Possibilities
- Weighted Chart Comparison
- Dream Career Job Description
- Major Selection/Validation
- Resume Development
- Your Career Action Plan
- Practical Application Activities (2)
- Career Fair
- Employer Info Session
- Informational Interview
- Exploratory Carer Excursion
- Networking Event
- Corporate Alliance Networking Workshop
- Alumni Networking Event
- 100 By Degree
- UVU Recruiting Days
- Job Shadowing
- Mentoring Activities
After completing all of the Career Exploration Track Activities and Reflection Assignments, you will summarize the information you have learned about yourself in your Career Exploration E-Portfolio.