Life Preparation... increase your knowledge with snapshots of diverse experiences!
Life Preparation Track
College helps you prepare for an exciting career, but it also provides the opportunity to explore new ideas and concepts to broaden your viewpoint and expand your knowledge base. Many of the things you learn in college will become your opinions, values, and character traits. You will have the opportunity to participate in additional engaging activities in addition to your classwork that will provide you with interesting experiences and ideas and help you prepare for a successful and rewarding life!
- Awareness - an awareness of the importance of developing skills and traits within the 6 life preparation areas
- Knowledge - a strong, first-hand knowledge of how development in these areas encourages a rich and full life
- Application - participation in activities and reflection in each of the 6 areas
The mentoring focus in the Life Preparation Track includes understanding and development of skills and traits within the 6 life preparation areas.
Participants complete two activities in each of the 6 areas:
- Engaged Learning - experiential application of academic learning
- Knowledge Base - expanded perspectives
- Ethical Responsibility - personal and social responsibility
- Social Awareness - recognition of social issues and concerns
- Global Stewardship - intercultural understanding and acceptance
- Civic Engagement - community involvement and service