Career Preparation... pack your bag with professional tools for a successful career!
Career Preparation Track
One of the most important ways to prepare for a successful career is to create, update and polish your personal career marketing tools. The most effective way to accomplish this is to consistently work in this area of preparation rather than waiting until the semester before you graduate! Job search tools, trends and expectations change over time, and it is important to keep up with the latest requirements to be competitive in the job market and to obtain a competitive advantage. Utilize the opportunity to practice and prepare in these areas, and take advantage of the vast array of resources, expertise and feedback available to hone your personal career marketing tools and strategies!
- Awareness - increased awareness of the importance of developing a personal career marketing plan and tools
- Knowledge - expanded knowledge of current job search tools, methods, trends, and personal career marketing strategies
- Application - creation of professional career marketing tools to utilize when demonstrating personal occupational goals and objectives
In the Career Preparation Track you will have the opportunity to be mentored by a "Faculty Mentor." A Faculty Mentor is an experienced faculty member who has advanced academic training, work experience and networking connections in your area of study and career interests.
Activities and Reflection Assignments
- Career Essentials Workshops
- Social Media Profiles
- Resume Update and Feedback Evaluation
- Cover Letters
- Letters of Recommendation
- Professional Achievement File
- Mock Job Interview & Assessment
- Faculty Job Recommendation Activity
- UV Job Board Registration
- Job Search Skills Workshop
- Networking Career Excursion
- Career Fair
- Graduate Fair
- Leadership Development Activity
- Voluntary Service Learning Activity
- Networking Event
- Mentoring Activities
After completing all of the Career Preparation Track activities and reflection assignments,
you will feature the information you have learned about yourself in your Career Preparation E-portfolio.