Self-Discovery... pinpoint your passions, skills and interests on your personal career roadmap!
Understanding yourself is a critical aspect of career and educational exploration and planning.
The more you know about your career related interests, values, skills, personality type and
preferences, the better equipped you will be to identify the career fields, major areas of
study and training programs, and education pathways that are compatible with your personal
attributes. Self-assessment is the most important and first step in career planning!
- Awareness - understanding of the importance of self-awareness in regards to career exploration, selection, and preparation
- Knowledge - knowledge of several self-awareness assessment tools and how they may be utilized for informed career decision-making
- Application - assessment of your own natural abilities, interests, personal traits, and passions and application of this information in your career planning.
Activities and Reflection Assignments
- Beginning Self-Assessment & Reflection
- Personality Assessment & Reflection
- Interests Assessments & Reflection
- Character Strengths Assessment & Reflection
- Motivated Skills Test & Reflection
- Career Values Assessment & Reflection
- Work Environment Assessment & Reflection
- Lifestyle Check & Reflection
- Leisure Interests Assessment & Reflection
- Passion Puzzle & Reflection
- Entrepreneur Assessment & Reflection
- Leadership Assessment & Reflection
- Personal Career Vision Statement
- Networking Workshop
- Mentoring Sessions
- Self Discovery e-Portolio
After completing the Self-Discovery Track activities and reflection assignments, you will summarize the information you have learned about yourself in your Self-Discovery E-portfolio.