Self-Discovery... pinpoint your passions, skills and interests on your personal career roadmap!
A thorough understanding and knowledge of self, combined with participation in and application of relevant experiences obtained during the process of working toward your degree, is essential. Self-discovery is the road map to understanding your own unique abilities, strengths, skills, characteristics, and preferences that are important to consider in your daily work world. Imagine a future where you are excited to show up to work every morning. Your clarity about self will affect your ability to become competitive in the workforce and will help you land more than "just a job" upon graduation.
- Awareness - understanding of the importance of self-awareness in regards to career exploration, selection, and preparation
- Knowledge - knowledge of several self-awareness assessment tools and how they may be utilized for informed career decision-making
- Application - assessment of your own natural abilities, interests, personal traits, and passions and application of this information in your career planning.
In the Self-Discovery Track you will have the opportunity to discuss the activities and assessments you are completing with a career professional who may share their own personal experiences, advice and suggestions regarding self-discovery and the career development process.
Activities and Reflection Assignments
- Beginning Self-Assessment & Reflection
- Personality Assessment & Reflection
- Interests Assessments & Reflection
- Character Strengths Assessment & Reflection
- Motivated Skills Test & Reflection
- Career Values Assessment & Reflection
- Work Environment Assessment & Reflection
- Lifestyle Check & Reflection
- Leisure Interests Assessment & Reflection
- Passion Puzzle & Reflection
- Entrepreneur Assessment & Reflection
- Leadership Assessment & Reflection
- Emotional Intelligence Assessment
- Personal Career Vision Statement
- Mentoring Sessions
- Self Discovery e-Portolio
After completing the Self-Discovery Track activities and reflection assignments, you will summarize the information you have learned about yourself in your Self-Discovery E-portfolio.