Refunds & Remainder Checks
Reporting a Lost Check / Affidavit
An AFFIDAVIT is a a sworn statement of fact voluntarily given and witnessed by a notary.
Verify your address information through UV Link and update as needed.Sign up for E-Refund
- An AFFIDAVIT should be completed if a check issued to you by Utah Valley University
has been lost and you are requesting a replacement check.
- Before completing the AFFIDAVIT, you will need to obtain the check number of your lost check from the UVU Cashier.
This can be done in person, by phone (801-863-8298), or through email (email@example.com).
- When contacting the UVU Cashier, you will be asked to provide identifying information
as well as the date of the lost check and the amount.
- Check date and amount can be found by reviewing your account in Tuition Payment Plus.
- Complete ALL information on the AFFIDAVIT up to the signature line.
Online AFFIDAVIT form
- Print the completed form. (If completed in writing, all entries must be legible.)
- The completed AFFIDAVIT must be signed in the presence of a Notary Public.
- A Notary Public can be found at One Stop (located on the first floor of the Administration
- There is no charge to have the form notarized by a One Stop notary.
- After the completed form is notarized, the ORIGINAL form should be given to the UVU
Cashier (BA-108) for processing.
- Submitting this AFFIDAVIT does not guarantee that the check can be replaced.
- A $25 processing fee is assessed for AFFIDAVITS requested earlier than 21 days of
the check date. After 21 days, the service is free.
- All email correspondence will be through the UV Link email address.
- Enrollment in eRefunds (direct deposit) is done through UV Link under the Student
tab and Financing/Paying for Your Education. Electronic deposit to your bank account
is the fastest way to receive your financial aid disbursement or student refund. (Checks
are not held for student pickup.)