Refunds & Remainder Checks
Policies & Procedures
REFUND POLICYThe tuition refund policy is established by the Utah State Board of Regents and amended by each college/university to fit their programs. Utah Valley University refunds for students who withdraw from school or drop classes are calculated as follows:
- Through third week of instruction....100%
Beginning fourth week of instruction...0%
- To see the exact date or for Block courses, check the Student Timetable
NOTE: A Petition to the Refund Policy Form can be obtained from the Office of the Registrar or visit the Registration website.
- Tuition refunds are processed daily after the 100% drop deadline for the semester (located on the Student Timetable).
- Tuition refunds resulting from a credit card payment will be refunded back to the credit card used for payment, however, Utah Valley University reserves the right to issue the refund in the form of a check if deemed necessary and appropriate.
Tuition refunds paid by personal check will be refunded after a three week waiting period (calculated from the date the check was posted for payment). To receive a refund sooner than three weeks the student must provide a copy of the check (front and back) as proof that the check has cleared their bank.
- Refund of tuition paid by a business, trust, government agency, military installation, etc. will be returned to the organization unless otherwise stated by the payee.