Policies and Procedures
The tuition refund policy is established by the Utah State Board of Regents
and amended by each college or university to fit their programs. Utah Valley University
refunds to students who withdraw from school or drop classes as follows:
- Through the 100% refund date published on the Student Timetable ....100%
- After the 100% refund date published on the student Timetable....0%
Exact dates for semester, block, and weekend classes can be found on the Student Timetable.
Students must drop classes or completely withdraw by the published 100% Refund Deadline
in order to have the charges removed from their account. Students who withdraw after
that date will not receive a refund; if they have not paid, they will continue to
owe the University for these charges and will be subject to collections procedures
if left unpaid.
Changes in enrollment may affect Financial Aid eligibility and amounts received.
Financial Aid awards may be pulled back when dropping courses, thus increasing the
A Petition to the Refund Policy Form can be obtained from the Office of the Registrar
or visit the Registration website.
- Tuition refunds are processed weekly after the 100% drop deadline for the semester (located
on the Student Timetable).
- Tuition refunds resulting from a credit card payment will be refunded back to the
credit card used for payment, however, Utah Valley University reserves the right to
issue the refund in the form of a check if deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Tuition refunds paid by personal check will be refunded after a three week waiting
period (calculated from the date the check was posted for payment).
- Refund of tuition paid by a business, trust, government agency, military installation,
etc. will be returned to the organization unless otherwise stated by the payee.