How Do I Become A Child Care Provider?
Call the Department of Health Bureau of Licensing for a packet.
Utah & Juab County: 801-374-7688 or toll free 800-894-2588
Summit & Wasatch County: 801-273-6617 or toll free 888-287-3704
- Attend a Licensing Orientation. (Click to download the appropriate schedule).
- Decide if you want to Regulate with a Residential Certificate or a Family License.
- Contact A Food Program (See website).
- Attend the "Basic Child Care (Sharing The Caring)" Class (See Training Calendar).
- After you have become a licensed provider, call (801-863-8631) to request a New Provider Whole Record Intake form so you can be added to the Child Care Resource and Referral child care free database, OR fill out the online form.
For more information about becoming a child care provider go to Utah's Child Care Licensing website.