Cultivating the Creative Mind: Designing Collaborative Spaces is a conference that promotes creativity as an essential 21st Century Skill in our educational and professional realms. “Designing Collaborative Spaces” may be used in the literal, abstract, or metaphorical sense throughout the conference to cultivate collaborative experimentation, experiences, discussion, design, and reflection. It will be used as the vehicle that has the potential to expand creativity, innovation, and the arts in education.
The mission of the UVU Arts in Education Conference is to provide engaged learning opportunities for students and educators to capture and embody the vision of the arts in education. The goals are to provide hands-on experiences, methods, and strategies to implement the Utah Elementary and Secondary Arts Core Curriculums, arts integration strategies for k-12 curriculums, current research and theory in arts education, resources and support services in arts education, performances and demonstrations of artistic and educational merit, and networking opportunities.
The conference is intended for:
- Pre-service early childhood and k-6 future educators and faculty,
- Pre-service k-12 future arts specialists and faculty,
- Dance, music, theatrical arts, and visual arts and communication majors and faculty,
- Pre-service future educators and education faculty in all curricular area interested in integration strategies and research in learning styles and theories
- Administrators, teachers, specialists, and artists interested in professional development
- University students and faculty interested in creativity
Featured Keynote: Rex Jung
Internationally recognized neuroscientist from the University of New Mexico
Recertification points will be offered for in-service teachers.
For any questions, please contact Doris Trujillo (email@example.com) or Deborah Escalante (firstname.lastname@example.org)