Cultivating the Creative Mind is a conference that promotes creativity as an essential 21st Century Skill in our
educational and professional realms. The mission of the UVU Arts in Education Conference is to provide engaged learning opportunities
for students and educators to capture and embody the vision of the arts in education.
The goals are to provide hands-on experiences, methods, and strategies to implement the Utah
Elementary and Secondary Arts Core Curriculums, arts integration strategies for k-12
curriculums, current research and theory in arts education, resources and support
services in arts education, performances and demonstrations of artistic and educational
merit, and networking opportunities.
The conference is intended for:
- Pre-service early childhood and k-6 future educators and faculty
- Pre-service k-12 future arts specialists and faculty
- Dance, music, theatrical arts, and visual arts and communication majors and faculty
- Pre-service future educators and education faculty in all curricular area interested in integration strategies and research in learning styles and theories
- Administrators, teachers, specialists, and artists interested in professional development
- University students and faculty interested in creativity