Work Training Scholarship for Non-credit Students
UVU Contact: Frankie Jensen email@example.com, 801-863-8005
Community Education offers non-credit classes that can help you update your computer skills, understand how to start a business, build and maintain
a website, and learn other skills needed in today's job market.
$250 to $500 depending on the total cost of the classes selected.
Work Training Scholarship Criteria:
- Scholarships are based on the total cost of an individual’s selected Community Education
classes in increments of $50 - $250 for the total cost of your selections up to $500;
and in increments of $251 - $500 awards for the total cost of your selections from
$501 and up). Students are responsible for any amounts over the scholarship amount.No checks will be mailed to scholarship recipients.
- Fill out the application online. The following information is required on the application
along with other general information: course name, course cost, and how the course
will improve job skills. The classes intended for this scholarship are computer and
business classes, however, other career related courses will be considered on an individual
basis depending on applicant’s goals.
- Applicant must submit a one-page letter that tells about yourself and your circumstances and details how the training
will improve your work and life. You should indicate financial need.
- Scholarships will be awarded at the discretion of the UVU Community and Continuing
Education Scholarship Committee. Scholarship applications will be considered on an
ongoing basis, until funding is no longer available.
- Applicant must provide a copy of your Utah driver license, renewed in 2010 or later,
or current Utah state ID, and one of the following documents to prove your legal residence
in the United States: a certified birth certificate, current valid passport, certificate
of naturalization, or other official ID.
- Applicant must reside in UVU’s service area: Utah, Summit or Wasatch counties and
provide a copy of documentation of residence. Examples of documentation of residence
are a current utility bill, phone bill, or other mail with their current address in
the student’s name.
- After submitting the finished application, submit your letter, copies of your Utah
driver license and other documentation, and a bill showing that your address is in
UVU’s service area in one of the following ways:
If you are awarded the Work Training Scholarship, you will be contacted by a Community
Education representative. A scholarship contract will be mailed to you by the UVU
Scholarship/Financial Aid Office. You must sign and return the contract along with
a Thank-You letter for the donor to the Financial Aid/Scholarship Office in room BA
105 of the Browning Administration building. More instructions and information are
found on the scholarship contract.
Contact Frankie Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-863-8005 for further information.
- Mail: UVU, Work Training Scholarship MS-147, Orem, Utah, 85058-5999
- Fax: 801-863-8968
- Email attachment: email@example.com
- In person: 925 S. 800 W.; Orem, UT 84058
Click Here to fill out the online application.
Deliver letter and documentation via one of the following:
Mail: Community and Continuing Education
800 West University Parkway MS 147
Orem, UT 84058-6703
Fax: (801) 863-8968
In person: 925 South 800 West