The Work Training Scholarship
Scholarship for Non-credit Students
UVU Contact: Frankie Jensen email@example.com, 801-863-8005
Work Training Scholarship Criteria:
- Applicant must submit a one-page letter detailing how the training will improve their
work and life.
- Applicants should demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must submit a list of the Community and Continuing Education courses they
plan to take and how the courses will improve their work skills (listed on the application). Include
the following information: course name, course cost, and how the course will improve
job skills. This scholarship will primarily pay for computer and business courses,
however, other career related courses will be considered on an individual basis depending
on applicant's goals.
- Scholarships will be awarded at the discretion of the UVU Community and Continuing
Education Scholarship Committee. Scholarship applications will be considered on an
ongoing basis, until funding is no longer available.
- Scholarships of $250 or $500 will be awarded based on the cost of individual programs
($500 awards for professional development or online training programs costing more
than $1,000). Scholarship funds are held in escrow and are transferred to CCE when
students register for classes. No checks will be mailed to scholarship recipients.
- Applicants must provide a copy of one of the following documents to prove their legal
residence in the United States. These documents include a Utah driver's license renewed
in 2010 or later, a certified birth certificate, current valid passport, Utah state
ID, certificate of naturalization, or other official ID.
- Applicants must reside in UVU's service area-Utah, Summit or Wasatch counties and
provide a copy of documentation of residence. Examples are a current utility bill,
phone bill, or other mail with their current address. Mail must be in the student's
- Applications must be submitted online at http://www.uvu.edu/ce/scholarship/form.html to the UVU Community and Continuing Education office. Mail application letter and
proof of legal US residence and UVU's service area to: UVU, Work Training Scholarship
MS-147, Orem, Utah, 85058-5999, or fax to 801-863-8968, or email to CE@uvu.edu. If applicant is awarded the Work Training Scholarship, a scholarship contract will
be mailed out by the UVU Scholarship/Financial Aid Office that must be signed and
returned to the Financial Aid/Scholarship Office. More instructions are found on the
- If applicant is awarded the Work Training Scholarship, a thank you letter to the scholarship
donor is required. Information regarding this letter will be included in the scholarship
Click Here to fill out the application.