|The Chinese Studies Program from its very beginning had a close relation with the Chinese Language Program. Both are referred to as the Chinese Program in the Department of Languages.
The collaboration includes:
- Joint organization of events (Spring Festival, Chinese Studies Conference, Chinese Summer Days)
- Joint promotion tables, program promotion, mutual classroom visits and presentations
- Joint development of marketing materials and advertisement of "Language Minor with Chinese", "Chinese Language Minor" and "Chinese Studies Minor"
- Joint development of advising sheets
- Mutual crosslisting/double booking and choice of requirements: Language courses and Chinese Studies electives are almost all credited for both programs (see advisor for details)
- Joint work on connecting with China-related Utah business
- Co-teaching and mutual classroom evaluation
- Mutual participation and advertisement of conferences (Chinese Studies Conference, Doing Business with China Conference)
For more information, please contact Chinese Language Coordinator Dr. Alex Guofang Yuan or Chinese Studies Coordinator Dr. Martin Woesler.