Opportunities for Study in China
Chinese Studies has built close ties with the following universities in China, so there is plenty of opportunities to do one semester or more in China. These universities often offer courses on a subject in English and Chinese language courses. To make sure the courses needed are actually taught and credits can be transferred, please contact the Chinese Studies Coordinator.
1. Southwest Jiaotong University (SJU), ranks 362 worldwide, UVU contact there: Associate Dean of the School of Foreign Languages. 5 students per year (thereof 1-2 for the School of Management) are invited with scholarships to study any Bachelor, Master or PhD, incl. Economics, Nursing, Aviation etc. If language skills are not good enough, up to 1 year studying Chinese is covered too. Includes waiver of study fee, accommodation, study materials, health insurance, 1700 or 2000 RMB per month allowance, deadline: March 31, 2012, class begins September 2012.
2. Nanking (or Nanjing) University, ranks 31, connections to Overseas studies Institute, Institute of Management, and Languages, they have
experience with the American universities Johns Hopkins and Emory.
3. East China Normal, ranks 302, Shanghai.
4. The University of Science & Technology China, it ranks 140 and has already a connection with the Woodbury School of Business: Seem also to have a strong humanities and languages. WSB has 6 years of teacher exchange with them.
5. Shanghai Normal University, ranks 1328 .
6. Tongji University, ranks 278, has offered two paid visits in 2012, connections with their Languages Department, School of Economics and Management.
For more information, please contact the Chinese Studies Coordinator.
There are also short-term Summer Study Abroad Programs offered at UVU, please contact Dr. Jingdong Liang for a program organized by the Communications Department or Dr. Alex Yuan for a program concentrating on Language Acquisition in Chuxiong.