The UVU College of Humanities and Social Sciences is pleased to present the first annual UVU Conference on Family Life. This single-day event is scheduled for Friday, November 16th from 9am until 4pm in the Sorensen Student Center on UVU campus.
The conference will feature a keynote presentation from communication and relationship expert Matt Townsend. Matt’s powerful content and fun delivery will give us a wonderful start to the day. Concurrent presentations will be held throughout the balance of the day to help participants investigate a broad and varied range of topics surrounding Family Life. Information will be presented in the areas of:
- Strengthening and Growing Relationships – for those seeking to enhance and enrich their current relationships and develop new lasting connections. Including topics such as:
- Crucial Conversations
- Learning and Growing Together Through Adversity
- Affair-Proofing Your Marriage
- Raising an Emotionally Healthy Teen
- Keeping Kids Addiction Free
- Unified Parenting
- Expanding Your Family – designed for those seeking information and insight on preparing for parenthood. This would include topics such as:
- Exploring IVF – Is it the Answer for You
- Expanding the Love of Family Through Foster Care
- Adoption – A Loving Alternative
- Infertility – The Loss of a Dream
- Healthy Pregnancy
- Preparing Your Family – designed for those seeking information and insight on preparing for the unexpected. This would include topics such as:
- Financial Success in a Tenuous World
- When Family Members are in Prison
- Achieving National Preparedness Through Family Action
- Suicide Prevention
The program will feature multiple-session tracks meeting the interests/needs of students, professionals, service providers and community members. The conference also plans to feature informational booths sponsored by various service and support vendors from throughout the state.
A sit-down lunch will be provided, and all participants will receive conference materials featuring handouts from all sessions.
Classroom space is limited. We encourage you to register as early as possible at www.uvu.edu/chss/family - or you can contact our offices for more information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 801-863-6816.