The primary purpose for Exit Loan Counseling is to help you to better understand the student loans that you have received to fund your education and to provide you with information about your rights and responsibilities as a borrower.
It is a Federal Requirement that an Exit Interview be completed by anyone who has received a Perkins loan and is about to graduate or leave Utah Valley University. It is also necessary to complete an Exit Interview if you drop below half-time status (6 credit hours or less). You must complete the Exit Interview for your loan at this University even if you plan to attend college elsewhere and receive more federal loans. Holds will remain on your student account restricting you from obtaining transcripts or diploma until the requirement is completed.
Please contact the Collections Office at 801.863.8611 to schedule an appointment before you leave the University or you may complete the Exit Loan Counseling online.
The online process should take, on average, 25 minutes. If you choose to complete the exit counseling online, please follow the directions below.
- Visit http://mappingyourfuture.org.
- Click on the "Complete Online Student Loan Counseling" link in the left menu.
- Click on the "Perkins Exit" link in the left menu.
- Complete the steps to select your school, read the content and answer questions, and complete the student form.
- Print the confirmation page (it has your rights and responsibilities) or note the confirmation number for your records.
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver's license number, if applicable
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your parent, if applicable
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your spouse, if applicable
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and employers for two references residing at different addresses
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your next of kin