Exit Loan Counseling
It is a Federal Requirement that before you withdraw, graduate or drop below half-time
status (regardless if you plan to transfer to another school) you must complete Exit
This counseling session is designed to prepare you for the repayment of your student
loan(s), provide you with detailed information regarding deferment and/or cancellation
privileges, and to assist you with personal financial management.
To complete Exit Loan Counseling either:
- Call the Collections Office at 801.863.8611 to schedule an appointment; or
- Complete counseling online.
If you choose to complete the exit counseling online, please follow the directions
- Visit http://mappingyourfuture.org.
- Click on the "Complete Online Student Loan Counseling" link in the left menu.
- Click on the "Perkins Exit" link in the left menu.
- Complete the steps to select your school, read the content and answer questions, and
complete the student form.
- Print the confirmation page (it has your rights and responsibilities) or note the
confirmation number for your records.
You will need the following information:
- Your Social Security number.
- Your driver's license number, if applicable.
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your parent, if applicable.
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your spouse, if applicable.
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and employers for two references residing at
You may need the following information:
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your next of kin.