What is a UV Mentor?
UV Mentors develop personal leadership and mentoring skills as they work with the instructor and students in University Student Success (CLSS 1000) classes. We are students helping students.
- They model self-awareness, critical thinking, and commitment to academic standards.
- They increase their leadership skills by serving in leadership positions on campus, within the program, and in the class.
- They demonstrate how University Student Success can expand one's understanding of self and others.
- They collaborate with and support the University Student Success instructor.
- They contribute in the planning and facilitation of class.
- They actively and enthusiastically participate in class.
- They provide classroom, group, and individual mentoring to the students in University Student Success.
- They have FUN!
UV Mentor Mission Statement
The mission of the UV Mentor Program is to maximize student opportunities for leadership in and facilitation of:
- Self-knowledge and self-awareness
- Academic learning strategies and study skills
- Student socialization and engagement
UV Mentor Vision
Establish the UV Mentor Program as a premier peer mentoring and leadership program among the local, regional and national areas of higher education by maximizing opportunities for student development, success, and persistence to graduation and opportunities after graduation.
UV Mentor Motto
Students Helping Students