What is a UV Mentor?
As UV Mentors, we assist students in discovering the personal attributes necessary for a successful education. We encourage students to develop study habits that will allow them to take responsibility for their education and prepare them for life. We help students connect to the campus community and find resources that will best meet their needs. We are students helping students. We make success accessible.
UV Mentors develop personal leadership and mentoring skills as they work with the instructor and students in University Student Success (CLSS 1000) classes.
- They model self-awareness, critical thinking, and commitment to academic standards.
- They increase their leadership skills by serving in leadership positions on campus, within the program, and in the class.
- They demonstrate how University Student Success can expand one's understanding of self and others.
- They collaborate with and support the University Student Success instructor.
- They contribute in the planning and facilitation of class.
- They actively and enthusiastically participate in class.
- They provide classroom, group, and individual mentoring to the students in University Student Success.
- They have FUN!