Standards and Exceptions
- Lenovo and Apple are the suppliers of laptop and desktop computers at UVU. Computers
approved for purchase will include “basic” and “performance” desktop computers as
well as "light weight performance", "mid-sized basic" and “full-sized performance”
laptops from each vendor.
- These standard configurations are purchased in volume saving the institution money while
at the same time providing options that address the computing needs of faculty, staff,
and computer labs.
- It is understood that occasionally there need to be exceptions to established standards.
Standards exceptions and changes can be granted by completing the Technology Standards
Exceptions/Change Form, obtaining the required signatures, and submitting it to the
- Exceptions to these standards will most likely be considered if it is:
- A Lenovo computer in the ThinkCentre or ThinkPad product lines.
- Based on specific unique educational or business need.
- Accompanied with the completed Technology Standards Exceptions form.
- Exceptions will most likely not be considered if based on price, personal preference
or style considerations.