Standards and Exceptions
- Lenovo and Apple are the suppliers of laptop and desktop computers at UVU. Computers approved for purchase will include “basic” and “performance” desktop computers as well as "light weight performance", "mid-sized basic" and “full-sized performance” laptops from each vendor.
- These standard configurations are purchased in volume saving the institution money while at the same time providing options that address the computing needs of faculty, staff and computer labs.
- It is understood that occasionally there needs to be exceptions to established standards. Standards exceptions and changes can be granted by completing the Technology Standards Exceptions/Change Form, obtaining the required signatures, and submitting it to the Business Office.
- Exceptions to these standards will most likely be considered if it is:
- Exceptions will most likely not be considered if based on price, personal preference or style considerations.
Computer Shop : For technical questions contact the Help Desk @ 8888, for placing orders contact Angie at 7334 or email@example.com