Things to Consider when Purchasing a Computer
Should I buy a Laptop or Desktop Computer?
- Laptop computers are more expensive to purchase and repair than desktop computers.
- Today's performance laptops can be configured to have the same speed and capacity as most desktop computers. A laptop with a docking station can take the place of a desktop, allowing you to use a larger monitor and external keyboard.
- Laptops have the advantage of portability. This portability can also be a disadvantage as laptops are more frequently stolen and subject to security risks and data loss. They can also be damaged easier.
Should I buy a Mac or Window based Computer?
There is much more passion and opinion surrounding this question than there is objective data and hard facts. Below are links that may guide your decision.
- MAC or Windows OS?PC vs. Mac: The Straight Scoop
- How to Choose Between an Apple Macintosh and Other PCs
- Mac vs. PC – Who’s Really Winning? (Infographic)
- We do not recommend running Windows on top of the Mac OS, ie Boot Camp or Parallels. It is however possible to run the Windows as the primary OS on newer Apple computers.