UVU Credit Hour Limit
The State Board of Education has designated the following stipulations:
High school students enrolled in Concurrent Enrollment and Distance Education programs may take only six classes or twenty college credit hours per semester or a total of thirty college credit hours per year.
A student who chooses to take more than twenty hours per semester must receive permission from UVU "University College." To facilitate this, the student may call 801-863-8733 or submit by fax 801-863-7060 the following information for review to Jan Christensen, of University College:
* Prior to submitting your request to exceed 20 credit hours, please schedule an appointment with an academic advisor at (801) 863-6931.
1. Student name
2. High school name
3. Student UV ID number
4. Email Address
5. Copy of high school transcript
6. Current high school class schedule
7. Current UVU class schedule (with credit hours for each course indicated)
8. Title (prefix & number), CRN number, and credit hours of courses to be added
9. Letter of support for the credit overload from a parent, guardian, advisor, or school counselor
The decision will be forwarded to the Concurrent Enrollment office and subsequently email will be forwarded to the student.