Directions to Capitol Reef Field Station
- Travel on I-15 South
- Take exit 188, to US-50/Scipio. Turn left at top of exit ramp and continue through
Scipio following signs to remain on US-50. - about 25 miles
- Turn right on UT-260 towards Aurora. Continue through Aurora (stay left at the fork
in the road as you're leaving Aurora) until reaching a stop sign. - about 4.5 miles
- Turn right on UT-24. Continue underneath I-70 and go about 3 miles. Keep an eye out
for a left turn where UT-24 continues towards Fish Lake and Capitol Reef National
Park, passing through the town of Sigurd.
- Stay on UT-24 through the towns of Loa, Lyman, Bicknell, and Torrey (last town before
park) until you see signs for the Capitol Reef National Park Visitor Center. - about
- Turn right onto Scenic Drive at the Visitor Center and go about 8 miles. You'll continue
past the campground, self-service fee station (your CRFS user fees cover the entrance
fee), and past Grand Wash until you see a fork in the road. To the left is Capitol
Gorge and to the right is a dirt road leading to Pleasant Creek.
- Veer right at this fork towards Pleasant Creek. Cross the dry wash and continue 2.5
miles on the dirt road until you see another fork in the road.
- Veer left at this fork at the sign for Capitol Reef Field Station. The station is
up at the top of the mesa. You can park underneath the solar panels.
Please check with the Site Manager regarding road conditions as the road may be impassable,
depending on the weather.
The Scenic Drive fee is waived for CRFS visitors. Just continue South.