Timing of Reservation Requests
- Reservation requests for each of the following semesters are reviewed and scheduled
at the same time each year. The following deadlines apply:
|Spring (January — April)
|Summer (May — August)
|Fall (September — December)
- Reservation requests received by the deadline are evaluated and scheduled before those
received after the deadline.
- Reservation requests received after the deadline are considered on a first-come, first-served
- Reservation requests from UVU groups must be received at least two weeks before the
requested arrival date. Reservation requests from Non-UVU groups must be received
at least one month before the requested arrival date.
Rubric for Reservation Request Evaluation
- Reservation requests are scored based on the following criteria:
In the case where two groups request the same dates, priority will be given to the
request with the highest overall score. Other groups may be given their second or
third choice of dates, or be asked to select a new date.
Previous group history will also be taken into consideration.
- 40% - Institution – Highest priority is given to UVU and NPS, then to other Utah institutions
of higher education, then to other educational organizations.
- 30% - Utilization – Reservations with a purpose that reflects the mission of the Field
Station (i.e., engaged learning, field-based research, and/or conservation in the
context of Colorado Plateau) receive a higher score than other uses.
- 30% - Nature of the Group – Credit-bearing courses and research groups receive a higher
score than other groups.
Proof of Insurance
All visitors must each sign a waiver for activities at the field station and provide
the signed waivers upon check-in. Non-UVU participants must provide a certificate
of liability from their own institution listing UVU as an additional insured with
coverage amounts nearest to One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) per person for any one
claim, and an aggregate limitation of Three Million Dollars ($3,000,000) for any number
of claims arising from any one incident. The certificate of liability is to be submitted
- If a request is approved, an invoice is sent with notification of approval. In order
to hold the reservation, the invoice must be paid-in-full within one month of approval notification. If full payment is not received within one month, the reservation is cancelled.
|Day use only groups
||$50.00 per group per day
|UVU Faculty, Students, & Staff
||$10.00 per person per night
||$10.00 per person per night
|Utah Institutions of Higher Education Faculty, Students & Staff
||$15.00 per person per night
|Other Educational Organizations
||$20.00 per person per night
|Non-Affiliated Guests of Field Station Visitors* (e.g, spouse)
||$50.00 per person per night
*Such guests are discouraged and require prior approval from CRFS staff.
- A $200 security deposit is required to reserve the Field Station. The security deposit
will be returned upon satisfactory check-out and submission of a trip summary with
photographs. For on-going research trips the security deposit will be charged once
per fiscal year and returned upon satisfactory check-outs and submission of a research
summary with photographs at the end of the fiscal year (June 30).
Cancellations and Denials
- Groups that cancel their reservation more than 6 weeks in advance of their scheduled
arrival date will receive a full refund of their invoice. Cancellations made less
than 6 weeks before a group's scheduled arrival date will be charged 25% of their total invoice or $100, whichever is greater.
- UVU reserves the rights to deny, reassign, or terminate a meeting or event at CRFS
when the event scope is beyond the physical or technical abilities of the facilities
at CRFS or if security, safety, and environmental concerns cannot be adequately addressed.
Reservation requests may also be denied or canceled if the organization or event is
in conflict with University policies or regulations. In addition, Capitol Reef National
Park may cancel or delay an event for safety or security reasons, including while
such event is in progress.
Changes in Group Size
- At the time of your reservation request, please estimate the size of your group as
accurately as possible. Group size must be finalized and communicated to CRFS staff
at least 6 weeks before arrival at the Field Station.
- We do not charge for last-minute no-shows of up to 2 people per group. You will be
charged 20% of the lodging fees for all no-shows in excess of two people.
Sharing the Field Station
- Groups under 24 people may be required to share the Field Station with another group.
- In these cases, the group that first reserved the Field Station will have priority
use of the kitchen and classroom space. When sharing is required for requests that
come in at the same time, Field Station management will determine who has priority
usage of the kitchen and classroom space.
*By submitting the Reservation Request Form you are agreeing to the Scheduling Policies
For questions or help filling out the form: Contact the CRFS office at 801-863-6818