Scheduling Policies and Procedures
Timing of Reservation Requests
- Reservation requests for each of the following semesters are reviewed and scheduled at the same time each year. The following deadlines apply:
Semester Deadline Spring (January — April) September 15 Summer (May — August) November 15 Fall (September — December) February 15
- Reservation requests received by the deadline are evaluated and scheduled before those received after the deadline.
- Reservation requests received after the deadline are considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All reservation requests must be received at least two weeks before the requested arrival date.
Rubric for Reservation Request Evaluation
- Reservation requests are scored based on the following criteria:
- 40% - Institution – Highest priority is given to UVU and NPS, then to other Utah institutions of higher education, then to other educational organizations.
- 30% - Utilization – Reservations with a purpose that reflects the mission of the Field Station (i.e., engaged learning, field-based research, and/or conservation in the context of Colorado Plateau) receive a higher score than other uses.
- 30% - Nature of the Group – Credit-bearing courses and research groups receive a higher score than other groups.
- In the case where two groups request the same dates, priority will be given to the request with the highest overall score. Other groups may be given their second or third choice of dates, or be asked to select a new date.
- If a request is approved, an invoice is sent with notification of approval. In order to hold the reservation, the invoice must be paid-in-full within one month of approval notification. If full payment is not received within one month, the reservation is cancelled.
- Invoice charges are based on the projected cost of the visit and include an additional $200 security deposit. The security deposit will be returned upon satisfactory check-out from the Field Station and submission of a trip summary with photographs.
Day use only groups $50.00 per group per day UVU Faculty, Students, & Staff $10.00 per person per night NPS staff $10.00 per person per night Utah Institutions of Higher Education Faculty, Students & Staff $15.00 per person per night Other Educational Organizations $20.00 per person per night Non-Affiliated Guests of Field Station Visitors* (e.g, spouse) $50.00 per person per night *Such guests are discouraged and require prior approval from CRFS staff.
Cancellations and Denials
- Groups that cancel their reservation more than 6 weeks in advance of their scheduled arrival date will receive a full refund of their invoice. Cancellations made less than 6 weeks before a group’s scheduled arrival date will be charged 25% of their total invoice or $100, whichever is greater.
- UVU reserves the rights to deny, reassign, or terminate a meeting or event at CRFS when the event scope is beyond the physical or technical abilities of the facilities at CRFS or if security, safety, and environmental concerns cannot be adequately addressed. Reservation requests may also be denied or canceled if the organization or event is in conflict with University policies or regulations. In addition, Capitol Reef National Park may cancel or delay an event for safety or security reasons, including while such event is in progress.
Changes in Group Size
- At the time of your reservation request, please estimate the size of your group as accurately as possible. Group size must be finalized and communicated to CRFS staff at least 6 weeks before arrival at the Field Station.
- We do not charge for last-minute no-shows of up to 2 people per group. You will be charged for all no-shows in excess of two people.
Sharing the Field Station
- Groups under 24 people may be required to share the Field Station with another group.
- In these cases, the group that first reserved the Field Station will have priority use of the kitchen and classroom space. When sharing is required for requests that come in at the same time, Field Station management will determine who has priority usage of the kitchen and classroom space.
*By submitting the Reservation Request Form you are agreeing to the Scheduling Policies and Procedures.
For questions or help filling out the form: Contact the CRFS office at 801-863-6818 or email@example.com