Transfer Students from SLCC
Students who are transferring from SLCC with an A.S. degree in biotechnology will need to fulfill additional lower division requirements at SLCC if they do not wish to travel to the Orem campus. Only classes that are 3000 and 4000 level will be taught on the West Jordan campus of SLCC. That means students will need to complete the following courses at SLCC before they attend UVU if they do not wish to travel to the Orem campus:
- All Biotechnology courses listed on the Biotechnology Degree Guide.
- All of your chemistry, except Biological chemistry and its lab<
- All of your physics (2010, 2015, 2020, 2025)
- Math 2040
- Microbiology 2060
- American Institutions
- Diversity course (check the transfer articulation to be sure that you will receive G credit to fulfill the Global Intercultural requirement)
- Any other general education and biotechnology courses to complete the A.S. degree
Basically, any courses that are 1000 or 2000 level on the course sequence should be taken at SLCC if the student does not desire to travel to the UVU main campus in Orem for courses.