BS in Environmental Science and Management
The Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science and Management includes courses in
environmental law and policy, toxicology, and natural resources. This curriculum is
designed to prepare students for careers helping private industries comply with environmental
regulations, or careers working for the government agencies that enforce those regulations.
Following are the key knowledge, skill, and ability goals of this degree program:
- Knowledge of the major environmental problems occurring in our society.
- Knowledge of the major laws and regulations which are important to environmental managers
and their organizations.
- Knowledge of the role that environmental management plays in relation to government
agencies, private industry, and public perception, in protecting the environment.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, the technologies used to prevent pollution and disease.
- Knowledge of career paths related to environmental management.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.