Educational Resources

Department Advisors and Academic Counselors

  • Tom Liljegren—Earth Science Department Advisor (; 863-8616; PS 201a): As the Earth Science Department Advisor, he can help you create schedule plans, answer questions about degree requirements, and inform you of opportunities in the Earth Science Department. As an Earth Science major, he is your primary advisor for any academic difficulties or questions you may encounter. He is also the advisor for the Chemistry and Physics Departments. He is available for drop-in appointments, but it is recommended to schedule an appointment.
  • Dr. Mike Bunds—Earth Science Department Chair (; 863-6306; PS 218): As the Earth Science Department Chair, he is active in meeting with students and answering questions about career directions and preparing for graduate study in Earth Science.
  • Dr. Jim Callison—Coordinator of Environmental Management Program(; 863-8679; PS 216): As Coordinator of the Environmental Management program at UVU, he meets with students about career and education goals related to Environmental Management.
  • Earth Science Faculty —Earth Science Faculty members have a variety of backgrounds and interests and welcome meeting with students to answer questions about the Earth Science field and help in career and education planning.
  • Math Department Advisors – Colin Brinkerhoff (; 863-7419; LA 022) or Monica Fereyra (; 863-5396; LA 220): You can ask them any questions about Math pre-requisites or getting into Math classes MATH 1050 and above.
  • Academic Counseling Center (; 863-8425; LC 402): If you are looking into exploring other majors their academic counselors can help you identify other areas of study that might interest you. This is also where the Pre-Law and Pre-Health advisors are located, as well as the Academic Standards counselors.
  • Career Development Center (; 863-6364; LC 409): They can help you find internships and train you in skills to help find jobs and get hired such as networking, resume writing, and interviewing. Also, you can take practice tests for the GRE and do mock interviews. They have resources in the career library about jobs available in Earth Science and related areas. Dan Felts ( is the Career Development Center representative for the College of Science and Health.

University Resources

  • OneStop (; 863-INFO; BA 106): One-stop is the place for any admissions, transcripts, or registration questions. Also, you can purchase parking passes and pay tuition there as well.
  • Math Lab/Academic Tutoring (863-8356; LA 201): Free tutoring is available for all Math classes and for many other science classes as well. There is also a Calculus Lab and multiples tutoring locations.
  • Admissions Office (863-8706; BA 115): Information about the status of your application to be a student at UVU; also where you can ask questions about Utah residency.
  • Financial Aid and Scholarships (863-8442; BA 105): This is the place to go for any questions about or problems with financial aid and for information about scholarships and grants that you may be eligible for.
  • Registrar’s Office (863-8468; BA 106): Information about registration for classes, including registration tutorials and leave of absence procedure.
  • Student Health Services (863-8876; SC 221): Offer immunizations, medical treatment, and mental health services for students. Also offer free wellness sessions about a variety of topics.