Pre-Dental Letter Service
UVU uses an electronic service for gathering letters of recommendation called veCollect. This service will allow you to track your letters through the veCollect website. Additional information is below. It is highly recommended that you submit 4 letters of recommendation. Check with the individual schools where you are applying to determine which letters you need:
- 2 science professors
- 1 dentist you have shadowed or worked with
- 1 additional of your choosing (professor, dentist, research or service supervisor, employer, etc.)
UVU Letter Service Process:
Note: Please include the Letter Request Form when you request your letters of recommendation. All letters must be on letterhead and signed whether they are submitted by mail or electronically.
- Sign on to veCollect and create an evaluation AND letter record for each person you are requesting a letter from – https://collect.virtualevals.net
- Request letters from letter writers using the Letter of Intent, Request Form, and other suggested information
- Pay $10 fee by cash or check to Nicole or Rodney at the front desk of LC 402. Be sure to get a receipt
- Track the status of your letters through veCollect and follow up with letter writers
- Once your file is complete, you will receive an email instructing you to create and lock your quiver
- Letters are transmitted to AADSAS electronically from the Pre-Health Office. Be sure to indicate on AADSAS that you are receiving an electronic, committee letter from Jennifer Orchard, firstname.lastname@example.org.
|HOW TO HAVE YOUR LETTERS SUBMITTED|
There are 3 possible ways to have your letters of recommendation submitted:
1. Have your letter writers mail their signed Letter of Recommendation to the address listed below. This is best for letter writers who may not be computer savvy. The Pre-Health Office will create an electronic version of the letter and post it to your veCollect account once the hard copy is received.
Utah Valley University – MS 101
800 West University Parkway
Orem, UT 84058
2. The letter writer may submit an electronic PDF or Word document that includes their signature and letterhead to veCollect. This may be a scanned PDF copy or a Word document that has the signature and letterhead added electronically. If your letter writer prefers this method, you will need to send them the email request from veCollect under the My Evaluators section.
3. As a last result, you can pick the letter up and deliver it to the UVU Pre-Health Office. In this case, the letter must be in a sealed envelope with the letter writer’s signature over the seal to ensure confidentiality.