Student Support Overview
The Distance Education Service Center in EE 112 provides comprehensive support to distance students. If you have problems, contact us first. Our goal is to help you have a superior educational experience.
Contact Support ServicesExtended Education 112
Phone: 801-863-8255; toll free: 1-888-425-4412
Canvas - a new Learning Management System at UVU
Utah Valley University, in connection with the Utah System of Higher Education Consortium, is excited to announce Canvas as its new learning management system. Canvas will replace Blackboard Vista for online learning activities and course content. As of January 1st, Canvas will be our primary learning management system. Go to http://www.uvu.edu/canvas for more information.
Degrees at a Distance
Credits from Distance Education courses may be applied toward any degree at UVU, and the following degree programs may be earned in their entirety through Distance Education:
- Aviation Bachelor of Science--see www.uvuaviation.com for more information on the aviation degrees.
- Aviation Associate in Applied Science, designed for those who plan to go directly into the workforce.
- Aviation Associate in Science, which will transfer into the Aviation or other bachelor degree.
- Emergency Services Administration Management Bachelor of Science, designed to help the working professional advance their career and increase knowledge in today's complex emergency environment. PESM Degree Web site
- Depending upon a student's selection of electives, many of which are available online, a student could possibly obtain an Associate in Science, a non-major transfer associate degree that will qualify for pursuit of a four-year degree at UVU or at another college or university.
Distance Education helps UVU departments across campus offer a variety of courses at a distance. Find out what courses are being offered in upcoming semesters using the UVU DE Course Search page or through UVLink. If the Distance Education radio button is selected prior to selecting Subjects, the search will include all Subjects and Schedule Types.
Distance Education courses are semester-based and can be found and registered for through UVLink following the normal UVU registration process. Registration typically begins a few weeks before the next semester.
If you already have a UVID and a password, head for UVLink to find, register, and pay for courses.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition for Online and Broadcast courses is the same as for on-campus classes, but you are not charged the regular on-campus fees. However, you are assessed a $52-per-course fee--this helps pay for Distance Education student and faculty services.
Current rates can be found on the UVU Tuition & Fees page.
Students in online or broadcast courses who are unable to come to campus for testing may need to take exams at a distance through a certified proctor at a specified, approved location.
Any fees associated to exam proctoring or shipping costs to return an exam are the students' responsibilities.