UVU Core Themes and Administative Imperatives
UVU is comprised of four core themes:
- Student Success
- UVU support students in achieving their educational, professional, and personal goals.
- UVU engages its communities in mutually beneficial collaboration and emphasizes engaged
- UVU provides opportunity for individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives
and meets regional education needs.
- UVU serves as a portal of civic engagement and an engine of regional economic and
To find out more about these themes, click here.
UVU's Administrative Imperatives--Operate Effectively, Manage Growth and Secure Resources--are
key practices and principles critical for sustained fulfillment of its mission and
UVU utilizes best practices and transparent processes to continuously improve and
responsibly use resources.
- UVU fosters a culture of planning, assessment, improvement and accountability.
- UVU strategically allocates resources to achieve institutional objectives.
- UVU utilizes transparent and collaborative decision making processes.
UVU anticipates and appropriately responds to the region's higher education needs.
- UVU anticipates and plans for future regional educational needs.
- UVU adapts to meet student and community needs consistent with the educational mission.
UVU seeks and obtains public and private resources to fulfill its mission.
- UVU communicates its resource requirements and secures appropriate state tax fund
support to fulfill its role within the Utah System of Higher Education.
- UVU establishes tuition and fees consistent with the economic environment and its
- UVU strategically pursues and acquires private and public resources beyond state appropriations.