UVU Core Themes and Administrative Imperatives
UVU's Administrative Imperatives—Operate Effectively, Manage Growth and Secure Resources—are
key practices and principles critical for sustained fulfillment of its mission and
UVU utilizes best practices and transparent processes to continuously improve and
responsibly use resources.
- UVU fosters a culture of planning, assessment, improvement and accountability.
- UVU strategically allocates resources to achieve institutional objectives.
- UVU utilizes transparent and collaborative decision making processes.
UVU anticipates and appropriately responds to the region's higher education needs.
- UVU anticipates and plans for future regional educational needs.
- UVU adapts to meet student and community needs consistent with the educational mission.
UVU seeks and obtains public and private resources to fulfill its mission.
- UVU communicates its resource requirements and secures appropriate state tax fund
support to fulfill its role within the Utah System of Higher Education.
- UVU establishes tuition and fees consistent with the economic environment and its
- UVU strategically pursues and acquires private and public resources beyond state appropriations.
UVU is comprised of four core themes:
- Student Success
- UVU support students in achieving their educational, professional, and personal goals.
- UVU engages its communities in mutually beneficial collaboration and emphasizes engaged
- UVU provides opportunity for individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives
and meets regional education needs.
- UVU serves as a portal of civic engagement and an engine of regional economic and
To find out more about these themes, click here.