Biography - Director of Alumni Relations
Jeri Allphin has been the Director of Alumni Relations since November 2003. As a graduate of Utah Valley University in Business Management and the J Reuben Clark Law School, she left a local law firm to come to UVU because of her enthusiasm for the school. Since coming here, she has changed the focus of the alumni office from student programming to alumni programming, which includes:
- An extensive alumni online community.
- Creating Founder’s Day in 2005 as a way to foster university pride and elevate Alumni Association awareness.
- Launching a student philanthropy program in 2004 with the Giving of the Green, a student giving campaign, with Tuition Runs Out Day added in 2010.
- The creation of three $50,000 endowed scholarships from funds raised by the Alumni Classic Golf Tournament.
- Raising campus awareness of the Alumni Center by inviting students and alumni for free breakfast every Wednesday morning.
- Sponsoring numerous events and programs design to educate and maintain a connection between alumni and UVU.
Jeri is married to Don Allphin from Orem. They have four children, nine grandchildren and live in Provo. Jeri’s hobbies include golf, camping, cooking, reading, sewing, knitting, and home remodeling.