Sorenson Student Center
Guide for Reservations
General | Directions | Cancellation | Room Set Ups | Dance Parties | Room Reservation
Recognized UVU student organizations, campus departments, and non campus groups/individuals
may reserve areas in the Sorensen Student Center for:
You will need a designated contact person who is responsible for:
- Reservations, cancellations, changes, confirmation slips, and all charges
- The contact person must first complete a "Request for Use form" before a room can
Please note: All UVU facilities are smoke-free buildings. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
Catering services are available anywhere on UVU's main campus.
All food or beverages in the Student Center must be ordered from the UVU Dining Services
Contact Catering Services at 863-6940 at least 2 weeks prior to your event.
- No outside food may be brought into the Sorensen Student Center. If food or beverages are brought into the Student Center, there will be a fine of
$50.00 or $1.00 per person, whichever amount is greater and future reservations may
be cancelled or denied. If you would like to request food to be catered from off campus,
would like to use a food truck, or would like to bring in your own food to be served
there are other requirements you must meet and steps to take to be granted permission
to avoid being fined. Find more information on these policies HERE.
- The designated contact person must first complete a Request for Use form before a room can be reserved. The form can be picked up in the Student Center Office,
- All paperwork is handled through the Sorensen Student Center Office, SC105, (863-8612),
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
- We will try to meet your needs based on the information given to us on the request
form, so please fill it out completely.
- List a first, second, and third choice for locations and dates requested.
- Fill in the exact dates the room is requested. Do not list dates during holidays or
breaks. Regular department meetings for each semester may be requested.
- Return your completed request form to the Student Center Office, SC105. Requests will
be processed on a first come, first serve basis, subject to the ASUVU 90 day “right
to bump” policy
Things to note:
- The Student Center reserves the right to approve or deny an event.
- Check the set up requirements that best fit your needs. Any changes need to be made
2 weeks prior to your event.
- Check the equipment that is needed. Deadline for reserving equipment is 2 days prior to
your event. If you require technicians or technical assistance for lighting and/or
sound you must arrange this with the Student Center Office 2 weeks prior.
- Check all Catering requirements. You must order your food 2 weeks in advance, with a final count 2 days prior to your event.
- Contact the scheduling office.
- Scheduling of meeting rooms, and the Ballroom in the Sorensen Student Center is handled
through the Student Center Office at 863-8612.
- Other campus facilities are booked through the Campus Scheduling Office at 863-8883.
- The reservation is NOT confirmed until you receive a confirmation slip.
Cancellation/No Show PolicyTop
- A $25.00 fee will be charged for less than 48 hours notice of cancellation or for not showing up for a reservation in any of the conference
- A $50.00 fee will be charged for less than 1 week notice of cancellation or for not showing up for a reservation in the Grande Ballroom.
- All costs incurred, up to and including full payment, may be required on all orders
that are cancelled with less than 48 hours notice.
Room Set up & DecorationsTop
All set up arrangements must be made by the contact person through the Student Center
Office, SC105, at least 2 weeks before the event.
- The contact person scheduling the room or table space will be held financially responsible
for any special clean up, maintenance or repair resulting from the event or activity.
- The Student Center staff must approve the method of placing decorations, exhibits
and displays in the Sorensen Student Center. All arrangements must be made by the
contact person 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Candles, confetti, glitter, rice, and similar materials may not be used in the Student
Center. A clean up fee will be assessed for any violation, or to retrieve helium balloons
from the Grande Ballroom or The Commons ceiling.
- The Student Center is not responsible for the loss of items left in the building.
- All decorations, exhibits and displays must be removed immediately following the event.
If the Student Center staff have to remove materials left by a group, the contact
person, sponsoring organization or department will be billed.
All dances require a minimum of two UVU University Police Officers. The fee for UVU
College Police is $25.00/hr per officer. The UVU University Police must be contacted
2 weeks before your event.
- All dances and parties must end by 12 midnight and the building cleared by 1 am.
Room Reservation Back upTop
You may reserve a room as a Back up. If it is set up and not used, you will be charged
a fee according to our room rate schedule.
- Anyone reserving a room as a Back up for a Courtyard reservation to use in case of
inclement weather, will be charged a fee of one half the room rental.
- Outdoor Signs May be ordered and paid for through the College Relations Office, AD115,
and must be removed immediately after your event.
- Flyers/Posters-All flyers, posters, or banners must be approved and stamped by the
Student Center Office, SC105, before they are posted , or they will be removed and disposed of.
- Table space-All tables in the Student Center Hall are to be scheduled though the Student
Center Office, SC105, at least 1 week before your event and are on a first come, first serve basis.