Sorensen Student Center
Guide for Reservations
Recognized UVU student organizations and campus departments, and non campus groups/individuals may reserve areas for meetings, conferences and activities in the Sorensen Student Center. Table space in the hall may also be reserved. A designated Contact Person must be selected and a Request for Use form must be filled out before rooms can be reserved. The Contact Person is responsible for reservations, cancellations, changes, confirmation slips, and all charges. All paperwork is handled through the Sorensen Student Center Office, SC103, (863 8612), Monday Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Your first step in planning your event should be contacting the scheduling office. Scheduling of meeting rooms, and the Ballroom in the Sorensen Student Center is handled through the Student Center Office at 863-8612 . Other campus facilities are booked through the Campus Scheduling Office at 863-8883 . All UVU facilities are smoke-free buildings. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Catering services are available anywhere on UVU's main campus
- A Request for Use form can be picked up in the Student Center Office, SC103. We will try to meet your needs based on the information given to us on the request form, so please fill it out completely.
- Give a first, second, and third choice for locations and dates requested.
- Fill in the exact dates the room is requested. Do not list dates during holidays or breaks. Regular department meetings for each semester may be requested.
- The Student Center reserves the right to approve or deny an event.
- Check the set up requirements that best fit your needs. Any changes need to be made 2 weeks prior to your event.
- Check the equipment that is needed. Deadline for reserving equipment is 2 days prior to your event. If you require technicians or technical assistance for lighting and/or sound you must arrange this with the Student Center Office 2 weeks prior.
- Check all Catering requirements. You must order your food 2 weeks in advance, with a final count 2 days prior to your event.
- Return your completed request form to the Student Center Office, SC103. Requests will be processed on a first come, first serve basis, subject to the ASUVU 90 day “right to bump” policy.
- The reservation is NOT confirmed until you receive a confirmation slip.
Cancellation/No Show Policy TopA $25.00 fee will be charged for less than 48 hours notice of cancellation or for not showing up for a reservation in any of the conference rooms.
- A $50.00 fee will be charged for less than 1 week notice of cancellation or for not showing up for a reservation in the Grande Ballroom.
Room Set ups & Decorations TopAll set up arrangements must be made by the Contact Person through the Student Center Office, SC103a, at least 2 weeks before the event.
- The Contact Person scheduling the room or table space will be held financially responsible for any special clean up, maintenance or repair resulting from the event or activity.
- The Student Center staff must approve the method of placing decorations, exhibits and displays in the Sorensen Student Center. All arrangements must be made by the Contact Person 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Candles, confetti, glitter, rice, and similar materials may not be used in the Student Center. A clean up fee will be assessed for any violation, or to retrieve helium balloons from the Grande Ballroom or The Commons ceiling.
- The Student Center is not responsible for the loss of items left in the building.
- All decorations, exhibits and displays must be removed immediately following the event. If the Student Center staff have to remove materials left by a group, the Contact Person , sponsoring organization or department will be billed.
Dances/Parties TopAll dances require a minimum of two UVU University Police Officers. The fee for UVU College Police is $25.00/hr per officer. The UVU University Police must be contacted 2 weeks before your event.
- All dances and parties must end by 12 midnight and the building cleared by 1 am.
UVU Dining Services TopAny food or beverage in the Student Center must be ordered from the UVU Dining Services Office, SC201. Contact Dining Services (863-6940 or 863 8664) 2 weeks prior to your event.
- No outside food may be brought into the Sorensen Student Center. If food or beverages are brought into the Student Center, there will be a fine of $50.00 or $1.00 per person, whichever amount is greater. Future reservations may be cancelled or denied.
- Cancellation Policy - All costs incurred, up to and including full payment, may be required on all orders that are cancelled with less than 48 hours notice.
Room Reservation Back up TopYou may reserve a room as a Back up. If it is set up and not used, you will be charged a fee according to our room rate schedule.
- Anyone reserving a room as a Back up for a Courtyard reservation to use in case of inclement weather, will be charged a fee of one half the room rental.
- Outdoor Signs May be ordered and paid for through the College Relations Office, AD115, and must be removed immediately after your event.
- Flyers/Posters-All flyers, posters, or banners must be approved and stamped by the Student Center Office, SC103, before they are posted , or they will be removed and disposed of.
- Table space-All tables in the Student Center Hall are to be scheduled though the Student Center Office, SC103, at least 1 week before your event and are on a first come, first serve basis.