First Meeting with your Academic Advisor
If you are a new or transfer student, please review the following criteria to ensure
you are prepared for your first meeting with your Academic Advisor. If you are a returning
student and it has been more than 3 years since you last attended you will also want
to review the following.
- Have you been admitted to UVU?
- If yes, proceed to #2. If no, please click here.
- Have you transcripts been sent to UVU?
- Please note that official (i.e., sealed) transcripts from all previously attended
institutions must be sent to UVU (this includes high school). If yes, proceed to #3.
If no, please contact your previous institutions and request that transcripts be sent
to UVU Admissions.
- Are your test scores on the system?
- Have official copies of your ACT or SAT scores been sent to UVU? If you have not taken
these tests, you may need to take the UVU assessment exam. If yes, proceed to #4.
If no, please contact your high school or ACT/SAT for instructions on requesting these
scores. More information regarding Accuplacer, UVU's assessment exam, may be found
here. Practice tests and other helpful information may be found here.
- Have you attended Orientation?
- Prior to meeting with Dawn or Samuel you will need to attend an orientation session.
For more information click here. Proceed to #5.
- Meeting with your Advisor
- Now you are ready for your first meeting with an Academic Advisor. To schedule an
appointment please call the front office at (801)863-6292 or (801)863-8577. It is also highly recommended that you print and read the Academic Advising Syllabus.